To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL 35808
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
DRS Technologies Inc • Huntsville, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
Leonardo DRS Land Electronics (DLE) has locations in Melbourne, FL and Huntsville, AL. DLE is a leading designer, manufacturer and integrator of highly engineered, technically advanced defense electronics and systems for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DLE specializes in the manufacture and integration of rugged communications components serving military command, control, communications, computer intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) initiatives, and we are a leading provider of ground vehicle diagnostic and test equipment. Products include cyber-hardened laptop and server computers and networking components, integrated voice/data/routing subsystems, integrated Battle Management Systems and software, vetronics, vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and combat vehicle applications, and fixed and mobile command post solutions.
Position Location: Huntsville, AL
DRS Land Electronics in Huntsville, AL, is looking for an electrical engineer to join our hardware team and support our growth in vehicle power systems and applications. DRS has designed and integrated power systems and components onto multiple rugged military vehicle platforms, including Bradley, HMMWV, MRAP, and Stryker. We are seeking an analog or mixed-signal engineer to support our vehicle power design, test, and integration activities. DRS designs products for a wide range of applications. Military ground vehicle applications comprise a large portion of the designs. DRS engineers are integrally involved in every aspect of the product lifestyle, to include development, integration, test, qualification, production, and sustainment.
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Provide schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies
- Produce schematics and review deigns from team members for accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Experience in analog or mixed-signal design
- Familiarity with military ground vehicle power systems and specifications
- Experience with component selection, schematic capture, and board layout
- Ability to work individually and in a collaborative team environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with design and test in accordance with MIL-STD-1275D Department of Defense Interface Standard: Characteristics of 28 Volt DC Electrical Systems in Military Vehicles
- Hands on experience with electronic laboratory test gear and debugging of circuit boards and assemblies
- Experience with analog and mixed-signal debugging
- CAN bus experience
- On-vehicle test experience
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer - M/F/Disability/Vet. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. The Company's policies regarding recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfer, training and all other personnel matters are free from discriminatory practices. #LEL