Location Name: Various, Various
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: Various, Various, Various, United States (US), Various
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Active Directory and Identity (AD/IAM) technical engineer will act as a senior resource on a team that is responsible for developing, designing, and supporting AD and IAM solutions that improve end-user experience and productivity across Marathon’s end-user community, field, and office employees.
This position will have an enterprise-wide level of responsibility with the onboarding/offboarding processes and cybersecurity processes associated with a strong IAM program.
This position is a part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Provide input and recommendations on the business outcomes of the AD and IAM product lines and associated tools and solutions, ensuring the designs and solutions integrate with and align with the Digital Workplace roadmaps.
- Coordinate with various departments that participate in the delivery of IT solutions to understand their business requirements and application dependencies and needs.
- Demonstrate specialized expertise in one or more areas of information technology; perform highly specialized responsibilities for the areas assigned. Specialties include but are not limited to Active Directory, Azure AD, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Enterprise Application SSO, Conditional Access Policies, Cloud App Security, Protection and Compliance within Microsoft, Teams, configuration of Risk Assessments, DirSync, License usage reporting, Internal/External DNS, DHCP.
- Troubleshoot complex hybrid environment with multiple domains.
- Participate in Agile DevOps practices, including a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment.
- Understand how the technical landscape supports business operations and identify the best technologies to support business needs.
- Develop and maintain solutions with a cadence driven by optimizing time-to-value realization for the business through incremental deployment.
- Adhere to architectural guidelines and coding standards to ensure solutions are reliable, sustainable, and scalable.
- Proven use and understanding of object-oriented fundamentals, including design patterns, encapsulation, abstraction, and SOLID development principles
- Study and analyze complex business problems and assist in deriving and evaluating alternative solutions.
- Apply appropriate methodologies to ensure a timely and cost-effective solution to business problems. May provide guidance to less experienced specialists as situations require.
- Participate in testing a system or solution prior to placing it in effect to ensure it complies with all standards, and all functions work correctly.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of other important information technology tools and utilize such tools to enhance the quality of work performed or services provided.
- Understand the controls and security requirements of a system; develop adequate controls/security for the system and learn the mechanics of implementing the controls/security method chosen.
- Has the expertise needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of changes to the specialized systems that result in solving specific business problems. Recommend improvements to take advantage of technical changes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in an information technology role, including six years of experience delivering modern/digital solutions.
- 5 + years of experience in designing solutions (Workstation, end-user, or Business productivity).
- AD, Azure AD, O365 administration, Teams, DNS, DHCP, Conditional Access Policies, EOL, and other critical on-prem and cloud interfaces experience, possessing the acumen necessary to transform business challenges into business opportunities utilizing the latest proven technologies.
- Experience with an ITSM and SDLC/WPM methodology.
- Prior experience and expertise in supporting AD and IAM solutions are strongly preferred.
- Building Partnerships: Developing and leveraging relationships within and across workgroups to achieve results.
- Continuous Improvement: Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, 6368273717751.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [ Link removed ] . Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in 6368273717751. Right to Work Statement 6368273717751 or 6368273717751.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit [ Link removed ] .
- Agile Software Development
- Systems Development Life Cycle
- On Prem
- Information Technology