You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Director, Marketing & Demand Generation
Live Fully at Marriott International – #1 Leader in Hospitality
At Marriott International, you have the opportunity to grow in your career, work with teammates that feel like family, and help make our world a better place.
The Marriott International HQ, located at 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD, 20814 is currently hiring a Director, Marketing & Demand Generation.
Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy is seeking a driven, innovative, and energetic marketing leader with a talent for empowering high performing teams and an ability to get things done in a startup environment. The Director, Marketing & Demand Generation is a key contributor to the topline growth for HVMB. This position is a marketing team leader, responsible for the scalable, predictable, and repeatable process of demand generation.
You will oversee all aspects of demand generation globally to achieve revenue goals that support HVMB’s fast-paced growth. The responsibilities of the role include strategy development, campaign execution, team management and process optimization. This position requires an individual who is analytically minded, data-driven in their decision-making process and well versed in digital marketing.
Education and Experience Required
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management (or equivalent degree)
- Eight or more years of experience in marketing, demonstrating a pattern of exceptional performance
- Four or more years of team leadership experience in demand generation, digital and campaign marketing preferred
- Proven track record of successfully launching and managing marketing campaigns cost effectively with clear ROI focused metrics
- Proven experience scaling demand generation programs through technology, data and process
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and metrics-based decision making
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Develop and grow a high performing, metrics-driven, marketing organization made up of campaign management, channel marketing, continent marketing, digital marketing, and paid media.
- Lead strategic development of multi-channel direct (Marriott.com) and channel acquisition campaigns including, but not limited to, search, display, email, paid social media, and affiliate marketing.
- Meet and exceed aggressive revenue goals while evaluating and optimizing leading indicators of demand.
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on site visits, visit conversion and bookings.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing to ensure message clarity, consistency, and optimization across all demand campaigns.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of end-user purchasing behavior and STR industry trends to ensure effective implementation of marketing programs.
- Optimize targeting, creative, media and budget allocation to maximize effectiveness and ROI.
- Manage agency partners to deliver results on target, on budget, on time.
- Responsible for annual demand generation program budgets and allocates budgets by program based on the holistic marketing plan. Maintain tracking and reporting of key budget processes and reports throughout the year. Manage month-end marketing accruals with Finance, tracking monthly spend.
- Lead the development of promotion strategy working closely with Finance, Digital Product, Operations and Loyalty Marketing to identify promotion constructs, cost analysis and funding.
- Proactively seek new and creative ways to promote HVMI through owned channels partnering with Marriott Bonvoy, co-brand, enterprise partnerships team and enterprise demand gen.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization''s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Strategy Knowledge - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific strategic work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media. | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
- Advertising Campaigns
- Brand Identity
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Business Marketing
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: LI13-10440_3539105749
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.