HollyFrontier Corporation is seeking an experienced Senior Learning & Development Specialist to be based in our headquarters in Dallas, TX. This position will be responsible for creating, implementing, and facilitating leadership development and training programs.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Partners with human resources and business leaders to design and implement programs that are utilized globally to support employee development.
- Consults with business leaders, stakeholders, and HR to assess learning needs of varying employee segments across the company (e.g., emerging talent, high potential leaders, etc.), and recommends training solutions to address performance and development opportunities.
- Develops training curriculum in partnership with subject-matter-experts, both within the organization as well as externally, for quality and accuracy of the program design and content (e.g., instructional design standards, adult learning theory, etc.), appropriate delivery method (e.g., classroom, computer-based, etc.), and knowledge of the targeted audience, to ensure the highest level of learning transfer.
- Develops, implements and maintains an employee development curriculum.
- Consults with stakeholders to plan and prioritize execution of programs.
- Manages program execution to include event planning, accommodations, schedules, and all other related aspects of the training program and facilitation.
- Facilitates training classes, teambuilding, and workshops as requested, for both corporate and field employees.
- Facilitates classes individually and in coordination with subject matter experts, with a strong focus on driving cultural values and performance.
- Tracks metrics to makes assessments on effectiveness of development initiatives, and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Serves as a leadership and performance coach to people managers.
- Influences internal client relationships for optimal participation in learning programs.
- Administers, promotes and improves Learning Technology and Systems as needed
- Supports the leadership assessment processes (e.g., 360 assessments, EQ or other Level B psychometric assessments, etc.) that align with leadership development, performance management and other business strategies.
- Supports career pathing initiatives within the organization.
- Keeps abreast of changes, new developments, and opportunities for improvement within the learning & development community.
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of seven years of related experience is required.
Experience developing and facilitating training programs for refining companies is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional System Design, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, or related field.
Superior analytical, training, instructional design and productivity skills with an emphasis on organizational development concepts including relevant technologies, methods, and tools. Self-directed, organized and creative, with the ability to project manage complex assignments. Effective communicatino skills in delivering presentations and training programs - both written and verbal communications, as well as in-person and virtual. Strong business acumen and consultative skills. Ability to influence others at all levels within the organization. Ability to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and matrixed organizational environment where flexibility and adaptability are necessary. Ability to work independently and with a team. Intermediate skill working with Microsoft suite of products (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.). Proficient with Adobe Suite (e.g., Acrobat, Connect, Photoshop). Knowledge and demonstrated skills in standard e-Learning development tools.
May lead and direct the work of others on projects as assigned.
Office based and with up to 30% travel by land and air required. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; we care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produes base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada, and the Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 contries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-ecnomic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportatin, terminal line, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries.
Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.