To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Laurel, NJ
- BAE Systems
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Content Management Lead
BAE Systems • Mount Laurel, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Government - Federal
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Content Management Lead Production
- BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The Content Management (CM) Production Lead facilitates the efficient and accurate production of various projects and geospatial products as assigned. The principal functions include delivery order process management, customer relations, quality assurance, implementation of changes due to customer guidance, and day-to-day personnel management (work assignment, scheduling, professionalism, and performance).
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job.)
- Direct oversight of Delivery Orders and the sub requirements for all Content Management products
- Supports staffing efforts within the office in conjunction with other offices
- Timely delivery and acceptance of production deliverables.
- Ensures that products are being produced with quality and efficiency through regular problem mitigation, guidance, quality assurance, and feedback.
- Directly supervises production activities in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Works directly with Project Management and Subcontractors on status activities
- Works directly with Subcontractors and Project Management for timely delivery of source and data for production startup
- Works directly with Subcontractors and Project Management for timely delivery of products
- Addresses issues of poor performance or unprofessional behavior; that directly impact the assigned project, on the spot, as they occur.
- Reports reoccurring issues or continued non-compliant activities to Production Manager/Shift Lead in a timely manner.
- Minimizes rejection/rework of deliverables through effective communication methods.
- Facilitates two-way communications.
- Ensures conformance to the company quality policy.
- Oversees training efforts ensuring that employees understand the product specifications and production methods.
- Mentors Delivery Order "Coordinators" as needed with regard to general software use/functionality, in depth application tutoring and extensive specification verification and photo interpretation.
- Works closely with the Delivery Order's Technical Architect to ensure proper product workflow and procedure to ensure a compliant product to the end customer.
- Manages resources through timely identification and communication of critical needs to Production Manager/Shift Lead.
- Gives final approval for delivery of products to customer.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and hazard-free working environment.
Responsibilities for Work of Others
- The CM Lead is responsible for the day-to-day performance of an assigned team involved in the production of Content Management geospatial products toward common objectives.
- The CM Lead ensures that all members of the team are productive by resolving technical issues as they arise.
- The CM Lead does not hire, promote, or terminate employees. However recommendations and input from the CM Lead do carry significant weight regarding the latter two actions.
- The CM Lead is the first line of protocol in the production environment, accountable to management for the performance of their respective team and accountable to employees for smooth and optimal operation toward production milestones.
- Operates within project and company guidelines, under supervision from Production Manager, with limited input from Operations Manager. Follows established procedures. Seeks guidance/input when matters are complex or outside the scope of responsibility.
- WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Key leadership employee within assigned department
- Active contributor within business unit
- Primarily with subordinates, Production Manager, and other Production Leads
Outside of Company
Outside contact with customers, government officials, software vendors, and professional organizations.
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Exerts normal physical energy.
Normal office environment. May work extended hours or weekends.
- FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Suggest expense items for department budget.
- Cost Account Manager (CAM)
- OTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION:
- QUALIFICATIONS: In addition to the items listed above, the Essential Functions are:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and/or suppliers;
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents;
- Superior technical competence in production systems and methods;
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures; appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Must have extensive knowledge regarding ISO and how it relates to their wide and comprehensive application and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job, and their practical applications to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered;
- Able to lead tasks or projects, as well as large groups of staff and considered leader in technology enhancements.
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
Must have BA/BS in Geography, Information Sciences or other related fields. Eight (8) years of experience creating feature data products using ESRI software".
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Job ID: 33686BR
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.