To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager, Category Management, Property Operations
Hilton Corporate • McLean, VA
Posted 16 days ago
Hilton Supply Management (HSM) uses their expertise to forecast and proactively manage our property's supply chains, so hotel employees can focus on what's important - the guest experience. With more than 6,000 hotels in our program (including over 1,500 non-Hilton-branded hotels), HSM drives massive economies of scale and negotiates competitive contracts with industry-leading suppliers - ensuring direct savings on the products their hotel partners use most.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, Category Management, Property Operations, you will plan, organize, direct, and control the purchasing functions for all products within the specified module across all 17 brands. You will work closely with design firms, brand teams, and hotels to ensure client happiness, and adhere to industry and brand best practices. In addition, you will develop, implement and direct global programs in support of Supply Management, Corporate Responsibility and Hilton initiatives and plan, organize and direct the strategic alignment of the Supply Management global enterprise.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop, implement and direct global programs and products in support of Hilton sustainability initiatives across all 17 brands.
- Execute strategies based on subject matter expertise, technical knowledge, job experience and management skills.
- Build category strategy and lead the entire RFx process from conducting initial due diligence to finalizing contract negotiations in a cross-functional environment with applicable brands and/or corporate departments. This includes validating supplier selection and performance through price benchmarking, auditing, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Craft new or streamline existing internal processes to proactively promote continuous process improvements for the Supply Management global enterprise.
- Collaboratively and effectively build and maintain relationships with suppliers, distributors, manufacturers, hotels, and other internal and external constituents. This involves providing extraordinary customer service to all internal and external partners.
- Forecast, achieve, and document cost savings, cost containment, cost avoidances through negotiations, bids, and creative product rationalization.
- Develop an expertise and execute strategies on all items within the scope of work. This includes performing the duties of a salesperson for the hotels and providing technical knowledge regarding all products within your areas of responsibility.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Timely closure on key initiatives such as sourcing events, contract renegotiations, projects and pilots
- Interpersonal communicators and networkers, who will positively influence Hilton's partners to communicate effectively at all levels and who can share meaningful information in a clear, professional and concise manner
- Ability to successfully influence without authority upward and downward within the HSM organization and the Hilton enterprise
- Recognized as a subject matter expert across all assigned categories
- Resourceful and results-oriented skills at leading supplier relationships that will result in a win for the supplier, a win for HSM and a win for the hotel
- Problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years' experience within Hospitality or related fields such as real estate services, building/mechanical engineering support and construction project management/estimating
- Three (3) years of Sourcing experience within Hospitality
- Previous project management or service contract management experience
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree within Strategic Sourcing, Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering or Hospitality Engineering
- CPSM, CPM or PMP certificate, or PE license
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!