Stop your job search!
Now hiring for immediate openings for Class A drivers, and want you to join our team in Ventura, CA
Please Call or Text "Ventura"
to Garrett at
Benefits start 30 days after hire!!!
Paid Time Off Provided for COVID Vaccination Appointments!
About the position:
- Compensation: Averaging $1,800+/week - $94k/ year
- Hourly Pay: $29.00/hr plus OT after 40 Hours
- Quality Home Time: Mix of Local, Regional Runs; Must be flexible
- Sign On Bonus: $3,000
- Paid Travel Time and Personal Car Mileage Reimbursement
- Endorsements: Hazmat Endorsement is preferred; must be willing to obtain post hire.
- Trailer type: Dry Van, Flatbed, Reefer Will Train
- Additional Benefits: Be part of an elite team of drivers and experience various Ryder accounts.
- Full Time: Comprehensive benefit package – Health, Dental, Prescription and Vision insurance as well as 401k matching and stock purchase plan.
- Employee Discounts:
- Thousands of dollars off new car purchases!! BMW, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, GM & more!
- Up to 22% off monthly wireless bill and discounts on select wireless devices! (Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint)
- Discounts on Goodyear, Bridgestone and Firestone tires and well as other auto care!
- Discounts on Samsung electronics and Electrolux, Frigidaire and Whirlpool appliances!
- Exclusive savings on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, tours, Broadway and Vegas shows & more!
- Save up to 50% on flowers, gift baskets and jewelry to that special someone
- Premiere status with United Airlines and Up to 70% off on over 150,000 hotels and resorts worldwide!
Ryder values our Drivers and their Referrals. $2,000 Referral Bonus for every driver who starts.
Your job is essential to keep our economy afloat and your safety through this pandemic is our top priority. We have implemented stringent cleaning processes and will provide personal protective equipment to keep you safe as you keep America moving!
- Bluetooth hands-free devices permitted
- Great employee discounts on tools, cell phones, appliances, electronics, and cars
- PTO beginning in first year
- 24/7 industry leading emergency roadside assistance to get you up and running quickly. Over 800 maintenance facilities nationwide. If your truck is down, you still get paid.
- Be the captain of your ship – we trust you to make decisions to keep yourself and others safe! We are committed to driver safety.
- Safest, reliable fleet in the industry
- Driver & employee appreciation events
- Driver of the Year program
- Driver mentor program that develops a culture focused on safety, support, trust, and respect.
- Career development opportunities to Certified Driver Trainer, management, and beyond.
- Team environment: Managers and dispatchers that you can trust. Get the respect you deserve. You have a voice in the company.
- Voted one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes four years in a row.
We develop, take care of, and cultivate long-term careers!
Start with Ryder –Retire with Ryder
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position
- Must have Class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or comparable vehicle:
- 9 months experience within the past 3 years, OR
- 2 years’ experience within the last 5 years, OR
- 5 years’ experience within the last 10 years
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Posted Date 3 months ago (7/9/2021 8:07 AM)
Requisition ID 2021-101831
Primary State/Province CA
Primary City VENTURA
Category Drivers Home Daily
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements Driver
Position Code 0668
- State Laws
- Drug Testing