If you are an experienced I&E Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for an I&E Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a I&E Engineer will include:
- Strong PLC experience to be able to troubleshoot code within the Allen Bradley control system environment.
- Timely and accurate repair of facility instrumentation, controls, and electrical circuits.
- Troubleshooting, inspecting, diagnosing, testing, and adjusting digital, pneumatic and manual instrumentation.
- Regularly works with bottling equipment such as fillers, labelers, coding systems, Inspection systems, palletizers, etc.
- Troubleshooting, tuning and optimizing control loops.
- Performs knowledge transfer activities in partnership with Maintenance Team Members.
- Actively participating in cross-functional work teams
- Ability to quickly learn and understand liquid processing (batch and continuous) systems.
- Familiar with root cause problem solving methods and documentation
- Skilled in reading functional specs, loop diagrams, P&ID drawings, logic diagrams
- Finding solutions to bottling and processing problems
- Responsible for identifying and executing improvement projects to drive productivity and minimize waste.
- Contributes to development and implementation of I&E preventative maintenance program.
As a I&E Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Technical Degree or Certificate relevant to Controls Systems Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical work experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Relevant instrumentation and electrical maintenance experience.
- Familiar with current electrical regulations, codes and safe work practices.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley VFDs and Servo drive components.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment is required. Experience in Packaging/Bottling is preferred.
- Familiar with Industrial Control Networks (ex. Ethernet, Profibus, Remote I/O, DH+ Control Net).
- Demonstrated capability to troubleshoot and calibrate Process Instrumentation.
- Must be able to read and comprehend electrical and instrumentation drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Strong problem solving and written/verbal communication skills.
- Off-shift: training on Days first 3 months then will be on nights 6pm to 6am rotating shift
As a I&E Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for I&E Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Control Net Protocols
Programmable Logic Controllers
Complex Problem Solving
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)