To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cinnaminson, NJ 08077
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Sales Manager
Empire - Today • Cinnaminson, NJ
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
The Assistant Sales Manager on-boards, trains, and manages the team of Outside Sales Representative employees and is responsible for achieving revenue and growth targets. They conduct weekly and monthly motivational sales and training meetings to accomplish sales team objectives and drive continuous improvement in local market performance. The Assistant Sales Manager ensures that our customers receive a superior sales experience and find the right product for their home or business.
- Monitor and track key sales metrics
- Forecast and deliver on monthly sales goals
- Manage sales rep schedules and assign appointments
- Provide daily and weekly motivation to sales reps
- Field phone calls from sales reps and assist them in closing new orders
- Plan and deliver weekly training meetings with all sales reps in market
- Forecast staffing needs and work with sales recruiters to recruit and hire new sales reps
- Interview new sales rep candidates
- Facilitate Empire’s sales training program to newly hired sales reps
- Conduct monthly performance reviews with sales reps
- Complete in-field ride-along assessments with sales reps
- Address and resolve customer issues related to sales appointments
The successful candidate will possess:
- Sales management background, with experience managing teams of sales employees
- Sales training experience
- Background in direct to consumer, in-home and / or retail sales
- Sales experience in the flooring or home improvement industries
- Strong customer service orientation and experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to persuade others
- Strong skills in using MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and handheld tablets
- A high degree of organization, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours and weekends
- High School Diploma or GED; 2 year degree or equivalent preferred
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and verifiable auto insurance required.
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.