Leveraging standard user research methods, the UX Researcher seeks to understand the user behaviors, needs and motivations from which insights are derived that will enhance the overall user experience of products, services or processes within the context of a business ecosystem.
The UX Researcher brings these insights into their collaboration with the UX designer and product teams to support the product lifecycle from initial prototyping through future iterations. At the senior level, a deeper understanding of the market context is required as this role will also support discover, research and market validation of potential new business ventures.Responsibilities:
- Defineuserresearchscope, methods andobjectives
- Organize qualitative and quantitative research activities
- Create research plans (time, budget, definition of user groups, methods, activities, data storage)
- Prepare User research artifacts (Screener, Research Guideline )
- Lead multiple complex activities involving teams of 5-8 people and motivate them
- Set up and conduct user research (e.g.,interviews, contextual inquiries, focus groups, diary studies, surveys) and user tests(e.g.,usability tests, user acceptance tests,concept tests, RITE testing) in various locations (incl. remote)
- Analyze and evaluate research data; synthesize (e.g., create Top Findings, Opportunity Areas, Design Principles)
- Prepare and present research results; make findings tangible for others
- Manage expectations and steer the collaboration of different stakeholders
- Transfer user requirements to products and services and defineuser requirements for hand-over to designer/developer
- Support during theideation and prototyping phase
- Offer UX/Research coaching and training to team members
- Prepare, conduct and evaluate workshops (e.g.,QuestionZero, stakeholder mapping,customer journey mapping, requirementscollection,ideation)
- Contribute to strengthen the design thinking culture within the Bosch IT environment (e.g., participate in UX Open Hour, teach in PEP Training, UX Design Camps,
- Communicate, createblog posts andawareness sessions)
- BS Degree in Anthropology, Pychology, Sociology or similar
- 7+ years relevant experience as UX Professional (User Design/Research), Market Researcher or similar work with cognitive science, psychology or human behavior science.
- Deep understanding of User Research methods & tools with the ability to select appropriate methods and techniques depending on the case.
- Qualitative data analysis & able to convert insights into consumable format (requirements, user stories, usecases, etc for further development)
- Analytical and conceptual skills, including critical thinking and insights into solution direction.
- Strong business analysis and critical thinking skills (asks does this make sense?)
- Ability to visualize and present ideas/concepts/results using Figma, Adobe CC, Balsmiq, Sketch, etc.
- Prior experience in product oriented design agency and/or experience working with an industrial client base in UX team of an established industrial company.While research is the primary function, service design is secondary, strengths and interest in information architecture, visual design, interaction design, content strategy and front-end development would be beneficial.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position requires minimum of 40% on-site work.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Business Analysis
- Content Creation
- Critical Thinking