Organizes, coordinates, and inspects work being performed, i.e., cleaning and maintaining of facility equipment, tools and vehicles assigned. Supervises all repair and construction work. Performs managerial responsibilities which include follow-up, evaluating and reporting on work being performed. Requisition supplies, materials, equipment, and services necessary to perform required functions. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Provides primary managerial direction and performs personnel administrative functions of direct report staff (e.g. training, supervising, work assignments, timesheets, performance evaluations, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff and ensuring necessary department outcomes are achieved
- Supervises repair, service, maintenance installations, and operations of assigned equipment, mechanical systems physical plant equipment, grounds maintenance and operation of all plant utilities.
- Assigns, directs, supervises, instructs scheduled work force in satisfactory completion of assignments, responsibilities, via work order.
- - Maintains discipline, adherence to union contract, work rules, company policies, and departmental policies. Initiates DARs.
- - Responsible for maintaining safety standards as relates to personnel, shops and equipment.
- Responsible for Preventive Mechanical Maintenance programs for all assigned equipment.
- - Responsible for maintaining shop tools, equipment in a high state of readiness, controls inventory of shop supplies and materials.
- - Orders required material, supplies, and equipment for orderly schedule and completion of projects.
- - Responsible for cleanliness and orderliness of work areas, Facility Maintenance shops and machinery spaces and equipment.
- Works with other department supervisors in scheduling and coordinating projects, repairs, and overhauls. Coordinates activities of outside contractors.
- Conducts periodic inspections of entire physical plant and implements required repairs, service and projects.
- Inspects areas cleaned and serviced by janitorial contractors to ensure adherence to contract standards and submit required reports to Manager, Operating Facilities.
- Assists in preparation of budget, submits required reports, purchase requisitions, and maintains operating logs, time sheets, vehicle reports, petty cash vouchers.
- Notification to Manager’s representative for removal of solid, liquid waste, waste oils and solvents.
- Must be available for emergency situations, breakdowns, power failures, fires and special METRO functions. Works appropriate shift and hours to meet schedules and area accessibility. May be required to fill in at other facilities.
- Coordinates with Manager’s representative in maintaining key control and issuance.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and external customers.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High School or GED. An Associate’s Degree in Trade or Technical area preferred
Years & Experience Required
Minimum four (4) years in Facilities Maintenance pertaining to Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Hydraulics, General Maintenance work and Energy Management Systems to include Lead/Supervisory experience. Must be able to obtain a COH Boiler’s License within two (2) years.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Valid State of Texas Driver’s License. Ability to read blueprints, measuring instruments and gauges. Intermediate computer skills. Experience with Computerized Building Management Systems and Microsoft Office applications
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
- Emergency Handling
- Oils (Chemical)
- Customer Service