JOB TITLE: Import/Export Agent
- To be the primary interface between the client, customers, sales, system operations, partners, and vendors. To provide quality customer service, while meeting company policies and procedures.
- Answering of phones professionally and timely.
- Answering and responding to e-mail requests timely.
- Quoting customers and overseas partners.
- Updating Special Tracking and Accounting Reports for Customers.
- Dispatching of shipments.
- Ensure dispatch is aware of any special instructions/cut offs.
- Interface with Customs Broker, Importer and Customer for Import Shipments.
- Booking of air shipments with Gateway teams.
- Confirming Known shipper via KSMS for air shipments.
- Booking ocean shipment with co-loader and ocean carriers.
- Label Air and Ocean Shipments.
- Process DG shipments including checklist.
- Filing of AES
- Accurately complete entry of pickup/quote information into Navigator.
- Tracking and tracing of shipments.
- Communicating to internal/external customers and sales regarding issues.
- Update/notate tracking milestones.
- Research of shipments for Corporate requests/reports.
- Research of shipments for Accounting requests/reports.
- Understanding TSA regulations.
- Must research and respond to chargebacks and PN's timely.
- Closing out of shipments in a timely manor
- Including request of vendor invoices and selling rates
- Completion of specific assigned duties/accounts.
- Able to work overtime and weekend on call rotations.
- Must have DG certification to handle DG shipments.
- Must have knowledge of airline regulations i.e. oversize, banding.
- Must have knowledge of POA, customs brokerage regulations, DO, ISF.
- Must have knowledge of working with air and ocean carriers.
- Other duties assigned deemed necessary by the Global Ops Supervisor.
Must be able to type accurately at least 35 WPM.
Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel.
Excellent written and verbal skills.
Must be able to calculate chargeable weight and volume for all shipments.
Work with a sense of urgency, understanding how to prioritize.
Ability to manage deadlines.
Ability to work hands-on, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certifications, if applicable.
- 2-years of industry experience.
- This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend, and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require working remotely at times.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Booking (Sales)
- Customer Service
- Clerical Works
- Selling Techniques