Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Engineering Technician III
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information: Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Perform operations, maintenance, and repair of GPS-based tracking instrumentation sets and associated cooperative tracking systems
- Perform mechanical/electrical and technical installation of GPS tracking instrumentation sets on a variety of host vehicles
- Provide pre/post flight operational range support of GPS instrumentation at various tenant activities aboard NAS Patuxent River and at other DoD test sites
- Assist in the development, design, modification, test and evaluation of GPS receivers, associated cooperative tracking systems, data acquisition & processing systems and equipment
- A minimum of six years’ experience in performing the stated or similar functions is required. In lieu of post-high school education/training, a total of 8 years’ experience is required.
- Basic Electricity/Electronics Theory, practice and repair/service experience preferred
- Experience with RF communications, GPS receivers and airborne instrumentation preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and fabrication skills beneficial
- Ability to prepare or apply engineering, technical, or maintenance specifications, policies, standards and procedures desired
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to use initiative to undertake activities with minimal supervision
- Position may require frequent overtime and occasional travel
- Must be flexible and team oriented
- Military experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Test Range Operations a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- All candidates will be required to pass Drug Screenings
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
- Successful completion of advanced armed services technical school curriculum; or completion of at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours of courses at an accredited college, university, or technical school in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum highly desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Secret Security clearance, throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
- Work Conditions:
- Conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Applicant should be capable of lifting 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees. Vision abilities needed to perform this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Engineering Technician III
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement