To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wood Dale, IL
- Power Solutions International
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Manufacturing and Planning
Power Solutions International • Wood Dale, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WE POWER HOMES, LIFT CONTAINERS, MOVE DIRT, CHIP TREES, PUMP OIL, AND DELIVER PACKAGES - AND THAT'S JUST THE BEGINNING.
PSI is a growing and innovative engine manufacturer with global reach, located in Wood Dale. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and team oriented professionals to help us achieve our goals. We offer 2 PPO medical plans at the lowest cost per employee in the area and 401k match.
The Director of Manufacturing and Planning coordinates and directs the operations of an assembly environment while championing process improvements through consistent oversight and keen evaluation. Work involves ensuring the achievement of production objectives at the lowest cost consistent with company quality standards and customer delivery requirements. This role is also responsible for the planning team that schedules the productions lines.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements in methods and processes to increase productivity and quality.
- Analyze monthly/annual demand requirements and maintain capacity levels to meet customers demand.
- Work with manufacturing engineering team to develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives that benefit quality, and cost.
- Facilitate regular process improvement meetings, establishing timelines and action-based deliverables.
- Meet with production management team regularly to review performance, cost, and quality metrics.
- Direct plant management and planning groups. Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments. Responsible for interviewing and selecting staff, building highly productive teams.
- Access the effectiveness of the production scheduling team to ensure timely delivery of customer products.
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Planning teams to develop processes that help achieve on-time delivery goals.
- Develop plans for the maximum utilization of materials, lines, and employees.
- Maintain capital equipment and establish housekeeping standards.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing metrics and graphs.
- Assist in maintaining and ensuring conformance to operating budget.
- Follow policies and procedures to ensure compliance with OSHA, environmental, and various regulatory agencies. Enforce safety and work rules.
- Ensure compliance with all quality, safety, and sanitation regulations.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in operations management, engineering, business or a related field.
- 7-10 years applicable work and industry experience; minimum 3 years of supervisory and/or team leadership experience.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, or 6-Sigma.
- OSHA training or certification.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the automotive industry preferred.