To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Biscoe, NC 27209
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
3rd Shift Melt Supervisor
American Axle & Manufacturing • Biscoe, NC
Posted 2 days ago
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title3rd Shift Melt Supervisor
Job Description Summary
- Maintain conformance to company policies, procedures, work rules and regulations.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise daily melt/furnace operations including four 10 ton furnaces utilizing batch melting
- Supervise chemistry’s of furnaces using thermal analysis for C% and Si%
- Ensure the temperature of furnaces utilizing submersible pyrometers
- Assist in the reline of furnaces using a Gradmatic and a castable top cap
- Supervise reline of transfer ladle reline and pouring ladle reline
- Monitor transfer chemistry utilizing magnesium and cover steel addition to confirm ductile iron
- Supervise the charging of the furnaces utilizing a charge bucket for the line furnaces and a gk loading system for the medium frequency furnace.
- Supervise the operation of the Niagara cooling towers
- Train employees on safety, quality and job specific tasks.
- Review and evaluate employee performances on safety, quality, attendance and job performance.
- Counsel, coach or discipline, when necessary, to improve performance or correct behavior
- Assist in the following: budget, inventory control, cost control, investigation of new methods, and materials.
- Proper use and maintenance of test equipment.
- Maintain an adequate amount of raw materials, supplies, and tools to support production levels.
- Posses troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Maintain open communication with department head, department peers, team members and other departments.
- Strive to continuously improve methods, processes, and tools, etc.that will result in improvements on safety, quality and production.
- This is a 3rd shift position with hours roughly 10pm-6am
- High school diploma required
- 2 year associates degree in related field preferred
- Three to five years melt/furnace experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Required Skills and Education
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.