CNS - Clinical Nurse Specialist - Surgical SpecialtyDepartment:
Nursing AdministrationJob Description:
The Adult Surgical unit is looking for a Clinical Nurse Specialist. Will work directly with physicians developing discharge planning and educating patients. CNS will ensure that patients have supplies, home care and support needed once discharged, and act as point of contact for patients once they are discharged.General Description:
Under limited direction, the Clinical Specialist is a hospital based, service specific position.Essential Responsibilities:
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Performs as the clinical expert in evidence-based practice within specific patient population.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating patient specific and population-based programs of care for assigned patient population.
- Develops and implements innovative alternative solutions that address system problems or patient care issues in collaboration with the services interdisciplinary team.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Supports and/or conducts nursing research to further the body of evidence-based nursing practice.
- Provides leadership in advancing the practice of nursing.
- Serves as a change agent through individual and team coaching and participation in committees, task forces and projects system-wide.
Masters of Nursing from an approved school of nursingExperience:
Two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably in the area of specialization or educationLicense(s)/Certification(s)/Registration(s) Required:
Current License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse – Clinical Nurse Specialist. Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required upon hire.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of advanced clinical theory and nursing practice standards. Knowledge of research procedures. Knowledge of process improvement techniques and tools. Knowledge of teaching methods and learner objectives. Good communication skills. Computer literate. #cbCurrent OU Medicine Employees - Please click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CNS - Clinical Nurse Specialist - Surgical Specialty to login.OU Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Life Support