To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manchester, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineering Leader
DEKA Research & Development Corp. • Manchester, NH
Posted 26 days ago
DEKA employs a team of over five hundred professionals, whose engineering, design, manufacturing and quality expertise make DEKA a hot spot for creating innovative solutions and advanced technologies. Located about an hour from Boston, the beach, and the mountains, DEKA is one of the leading research and development companies in the country and is the birthplace of some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time.
We are seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer to manage the development of innovative medical devices. In this role you will work as part of a team driving products through their lifecycle from concept to delivery. We are on the hunt for a leader with a maker space mentality who is motivated, hands-on, a self-starter with strong critical thinking skills and a sense of ownership. Does this sound a lot like you?! We’d love to hear from you if so.
How will you make a difference?
- Create innovative new product designs from research, design concept to production, often clean sheet.
- Interface with customer to establish design requirements and product attributes.
- Drive concept ideation – white board / CAD / FEA.
- Establish overall system architecture, define and delegate subsystems to other teams.
- Define tasks and estimate associated labor in support of program management schedules.
- Interface with others in a multi-disciplinary team environment including electrical, software, industrial design, and controls as well as systems engineers, product managers and external vendors.
- Evaluate designs through simulation, prototype testing and requirement verification.
- Develop FMEAs, demonstrate design viability considering human factors, risk, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, weight and cost.
- Transition concepts into products using 3D CAD Solid Modeling, defining requirements, selecting materials and processes, interacting with suppliers and manufacturers, and documenting the development process.
- Troubleshoot design failure modes to root cause and develop quick, effective solutions.
- Technical review and approval for all mechanical component and assembly designs, analysis, and testing.
- Lead a team of 4-5 personnel, CAD designers, engineers.
Needs for success:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar) from a 4-year institution
- Minimum 8 year’s experience in product design.
- Experience with small mechanism and plastic injection molded part design a plus.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical design tools and software (CAD, FEA, etc) and tolerance analysis.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.