Who we need:
The ideal candidate for Sr. Accountant will be a pragmatic, flexible and creative thinker with a solution-oriented mindset and the strong ability to solve problems. In this role, you will have exposure and visibility across the entire organization, including the entire Senior Management team. Accordingly, you will need to be comfortable working with people at all levels within an organization and be an approachable leader for positive change. If you like an environment where things are the same every day, then this position isn’t for you. If, on the other hand, you are excited by the ability to have an impact while we grow the business into an industry leader, then you will like working here with our team.
As the Senior Accountant you will:
• Be primarily responsible for supporting the Controller with the monthly close process by ensuring that intercompany activities are both recorded and accounted for in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
• Assess the flow of intercompany transactions, while developing and implementing new processes where necessary.
• Implement accounting procedures within QuickBooks Enterprise and assist with designing the transaction flows within our new ERP system to ensure best practices are adopted and transactions are recorded properly.
• Assist the Controller with ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions.
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules according to the monthly close schedule.
• Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations
• Assist with analyzing financial statements and reporting on variances
• Assist with financial and tax audits
• Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
• Assist with quarterly producer commission reports analyzing and correcting discrepancies
• Protects organizations’ value by keeping information confidential
• Assist with the production of payroll by initiating computer processing printing checks, verifying finished product.
• Ensure compliance with GAAP for private company reporting.
Your experience and skills should include:
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, with at least 3-5 years of related work experience
• A combination of public and private accounting
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including OCBOA and private company reporting standards
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
• Proficiency with Quickbooks Enterprise or other similar accounting software
• Experience working with ERP systems (SAP Business One a plus)
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external stakeholders to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
Growth Opportunity: Being part of a company at the forefront of the fastest growing industry in the US.
Healthy work environment: We provide a professional and fun work environment that brings passion and profession together
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid time off: Vacation and Holidays
Standard Accounting Practices