To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Macon, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Broadcast / IT Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group • Macon, GA
Posted 3 days ago
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WGXA in Macon, GA has an excellent career opportunity for a full-time Broadcast/ IT Engineer to support the Engineering Department on its daily computer,network, and broadcast operations. This position involves maintaining computers and servers related to television transmission and video automation systems, as well as business-side work stations and other broadcasting support. The candidate will be directly responsible for hands-on support of modern broadcast equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support in the management of Servers, Network Security and Network Services
- PC/Mac hardware/software support of on-site installing, servicing and repairing workstations
- Provide support for the technical needs of the News Department and other deparments
- Assist with video equipment set-up and maintenance
- Assist Engineering with Transmitter, Master Control and building maintenance
- Assist with LAN and WAN related hardware and software maintenance
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems
- Apply regular security updates
- Perform physical inventory of equipment
- Maintain digital telephone system
- Associates degree or higher in IT, electronics or computer related field
- 2 – 4 years of related broadcast experience
- A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Avid related software and hardware products a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- On-call duty, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift computers and equipment generally less than 50 pounds