Forensic Processing Technician - Lenexa, KS (Tuesday-Saturday)
Who We Are:
We are the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing services with a medical and scientific staff of approximately 900 MDs and PhDs, an extensive network of convenient patient locations and laboratories and a range of complementary diagnostic and toxicology products.
Who You Are:
Organized, detailed, and always going the extra mile to make sure things are done properly. Your skills could be put into immediate use as a Specimen Processing Technician with our Toxicology Laboratory. If you are interested in science, healthcare, or laboratory type roles this is the perfect introduction to the environment. This role, while essential to daily operations works in the background and does not require customer interaction. Candidates with a team mindset thrive in this environment.
What You’ll Gain:
• $1,000 Sign On Bonus
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Life and Disability Insurance
• 401k with matching
• Paid Time Off
• Education Assistance
What You’ll Do:
• Open the packages and bags to retrieve the specimens. Specimens are either hair, saliva, or urine.
• Sorting the specimens by test type and take them back to a computer work bench to enter the sample data into the appropriate systems. We refer to this as routing to appropriate staging area.
• Organize the specimens and check them before typing the testing and sample info into a computer system. We will train new hires on proper chain of custody, proper documentation of specimens and policies and procedures in accordance with our credentialing bodies and company processes. We will also train new hires on the computer systems used for this position.
• The Specimen Processors report to Lab Supervisors.
Work Hours and Detail:
• 2nd Shift, 2 pm to 10:30 pm Tuesday-Saturdays
• Can start in 3-5 business days post interview upon successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• We process millions of samples monthly so there is always an opportunity for additional hours.
• Dress code is street clothes casual and a white lab coat provided by Quest. PPE is also provided.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required – exemptions from vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons will be considered
What You’ll Need
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Quest Diagnostics promotes from within regularly and offers many opportunities for growth.
Peek inside our Toxicology Lab: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Forensic Processing Technician-$1000 Sign On Bonus