Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6+) months full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or care center setting.
- Meets federal/state requirements for this position. Per CMS regulations, a qualified home health aide is a person who has successfully completed:
- (i) A training and competency evaluation program that meets CMS requirements 484.80 (b) and (c) respectively; or
- (ii) A competency evaluation program that meets the requirements of 484.80 (c); or
- (iii) A nurse aide training and competency evaluation program approved by the state as meeting the requirements of §483.151 through §483.154 and is currently listed in good standing on the state nurse aide registry; or
- (iv) The requirements of a state licensure program that meets the provisions of CMS 484.80 (b) and 484.80 (c).
- Upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 484.80(b)(3). 484.80(b)(3) A home health aide training program must address each of the following subject areas:
- (i) Communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to patients, representatives, and caregivers, as well as to other HHA staff.
- (ii) Observation, reporting, and documentation of patient status and the care or service furnished.
- (iii) Reading and recording temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- (iv) Basic infection prevention and control procedures.
- (v) Basic elements of body functioning and changes in body function that must be reported to an aide's supervisor.
- (vi) Maintenance of a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
- (vii) Recognizing emergencies and the knowledge of instituting emergency procedures and their application.
- (viii) The physical, emotional, and developmental needs of and ways to work with the populations served by the HHA, including the need for respect for the patient, his or her privacy, and his or her property.
- (ix) Appropriate and safe techniques in performing personal hygiene and grooming tasks that include-(A) Bed bath; (B) Sponge, tub, and shower bath; (C) Hair shampooing in sink, tub, and bed;(D) Nail and skin care; (E) Oral hygiene; (F) Toileting and elimination;
- (x) Safe transfer techniques and ambulation;
- (xi) Normal range of motion and positioning;
- (xii) Adequate nutrition and fluid intake;
- (xiii) Recognizing and reporting changes in skin condition; and
- (xiv) Any other task that the HHA may choose to have an aide perform as permitted under state law.
- Has not had a consecutive 24-month lapse in furnishing services for compensation; if so, the individual must complete another training and competency program before providing services.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current state certification (or registration) as a nurse assistant (and as per state certification/ registration requirements).
- Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
- Content Management
- Health Care
- Home Care
- Infection Control