System One is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to work in Pittsburgh, PA. This will be a direct hire opportunity.
- B.S.E.E. degree from an ABET accredited college
- 5-10 years of related experience
- AutoCAD experience
- EIT certificate
- Servant-leader attitude
- Problem Solver
- Good communication skills
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate for this position will be working on the relay and control design of substations 23 kV and higher. Some of the responsibilities include:
• Design the protection and control for substations including:
o Single line diagrams
o Three line diagrams
o Protection and control schematic diagrams
o Protection and control panel layout drawings
o Protection and control panel wiring diagrams
o Substation equipment (transformers, circuit breakers, potential transformers, etc.) wiring diagrams.
o Point-to-point checks of wiring diagrams to schematic diagrams.
• Complete the bill of material required for construction of the substation.
• Ensure that a complete design package (drawings, bill of materials, circuit lists, construction specifications, etc.) is delivered to the customer within budget and on time.
• Mark-up drawings for others to complete the CAD design as well as do some of their own CAD work.
• Contribute to the completion of scopes and estimates for various projects (new substations, circuit breaker replacements, relay replacements, etc.)
o Gather relevant drawings, review, and markup.
o Take drawings on site visits to compare the drawings to existing conditions.
o Write a complete scope for the project.
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)