R-00101075 Description Job Description: Leidos is hiring a Vice President of Business Development and Strategy for our C4ISR Operation, based in Reston, VA. The C4ISR Operation solves mission-critical challenges for the Department of Defense through the delivery of solutions that build, sustain, and operate C4ISR systems. Leidos has built a strong reputation for delivering cutting edge software and hardware in all domains to better enable Multi-Domain Operations. Some of the solutions and services that the C4ISR Operation provide are: Mission Software & IT, Intel analysis software and services, Maritime Surface & Subsurface Autonomy, Seabed Acoustic Systems, Modeling & Simulations Software and Systems and Global Ship Design. In this role, as the Business Development leader for the C4ISR Operation, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals in a high-paced environment. In this position, you will be accountable for the BD performance of the organization including Awards, Pipeline Growth, Customer Relationship Management, business strategy development, and management of annual New Business Funds. You will lead a high performing team of BD professionals. You will build and maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and execute win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to strategize, define, implement and execute strategic campaigns to drive growth. You will define operational rhythms and report on overall health of the pipeline for the operation as well as the individual divisions. Primary Responsibilities: * Partners with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
* Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
* May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
* Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
* Participates in business planning activities, to include pipeline reviews, bid development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
* Monitors the Operation’s pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources. Manages a team of business development professionals.
* Establishes and measures progress with the Operations’ priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
* Develops and implements the Operations’ strategy based on market research and Corporate direction.
* Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
* Develops and supports strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
* Represents Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences and panels. Basic Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 13+ years of relevant experience.
* 13+ years of experience supervising or leading business development teams or programs
* Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Defense organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
* Experience working directly with Defense Community and Government and DoD personnel
* Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
* Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
* Travel as required 10% - 30% per month
* Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
* Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipelineActive Top Secret level clearance Preferred Qualifications: * Advanced degree preferred
* Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
* Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
* Management of a pipeline of opportunities with diverse customers and sub-markets with a value in the range of $10B.
* Business Development leader for a $800M business.
* Management of a pipeline of opportunities in the C4ISR market and system integration preferred. Pay Range: Pay Range $213,750.00 - $285,000.00 - $356,250.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
- Acquisition Processes
- Business Development
- Business Planning
- Cladding (Construction)
- Customer Relationship Management