The Accounts Payable Specialist performs a variety of accounting and administrative duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. This includes providing field support and working closely with vendors.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Understanding of 3-way match (receiving, purchase ordering, invoicing)
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are in accordance with vendor terms
- Research and resolve price discrepancies
- Maintain vendor files and collect proper documentation for new vendors
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements
- Provide customer support to facilities related to any AP issues they experience
- Provide adhoc analysis and KPI oversight for facility business partners
- Occasionally review and enter invoices for payment
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Total education, vocational training and experience:
- High School diploma required/College degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- 2 + years of experience in high-volume accounts payable environment preferred
- PeopleSoft experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to manage time in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with co-workers, supervisor and facility teammates
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks while setting priorities and working independently
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong data and financial analysis experience
- Strong customer service skills and relationship-building are important
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word
- Must be dependable, display good work ethics and a team player.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Prepare Payable Check
Lead Dedicated Team
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Accounts Payable Specialist
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 971878
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile