Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. [ Link removed ] Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
- Leads specification, design, analysis and development of controls for advanced high power 3-phase converters (50kVA to 500kVA, 400V/480V) for active harmonic filtering and other power quality applications
• Contributes to hardware design of control circuits: selection of associated components such as processors and peripherals, logic devices, A/D and D/A converters, I/O devices, etc.
- Develops models, algorithms and firmware code to implement high accuracy, high efficiency and feature-rich converter designs
- Participates in the specification of various components for power electronics converter (e.g. power semiconductors, magnetic devices, capacitors, etc.)
- Proves design concepts through a combination of computer simulation (HIL, MIL, SIL, etc.) and physical laboratory implementation/testing
- Creates, verifies and validates associated power system simulations models
- Performs sustaining engineering work of an existing active harmonic filter product by supporting production, field service, and application engineering
- Works closely with all other disciplines to address conflicting requirement and create/deliver efficient, high quality, cost optimized products
- Performs root cause analysis of difficult problems and documents problem resolution methodologies
- Remains up to date with the latest developments in power electronics engineering especially in the area of Controls and Simulation
- Supports Project planning activities
- Estimate the scope of work and necessary effort
- Participate in preparation of project stage gate review documentation
- Assists in preparation and review of product manuals, application notes, service documentation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Hardware In The Loop Simulation
Field Service Management