To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Juan, PR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Pharmacy Technician Manager - PA - San Juan, PR
UnitedHealth Group • San Juan, PR
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join Us for Our Job Fair
Tuesday, May 21st th from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
580 Fernandez Juncos Avenue
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00907
*** We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. ***
As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. When you work in Operations at UnitedHealth Group, you can help improve the efficiency and usability of a system that's going to change the face of health care. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Pharmacy Technician Manager, Prior Authorization opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader. As a Pharmacy Technician Manager, Prior Authorization you will manage a team of Pharmacy Technicians and Supervisors in a corporate environment. You will be responsible for coordinating, supervising and maintaining performance oversight of daily activities of the operations and ensure compliance with multiple requirements for the prior authorization business.
- Supervise a team of Pharmacy Technician Supervisors
- Ensure that the team meets compliance, productivity and quality goals
- Control inventory volume and ensure compliance with timelines required for Medicare and commercial accounts
- Follow HIPAA, Healthcare/Process Regulations, and Company Policies
- Lead by example in all aspects of the business
- Report directly to a Director all team performance and other projects assigned
- Mentor and oversee career development of supervisors in support of operations growth
- Motivate all team members through rewards and team building activities
- Manage escalated issues to resolution
- Drive innovation and process improvements
- Analyze team performance and formulate action plans to address opportunities
- Actively participate in project’s regular townhall and other activities
- May be assigned to work on special projects and business initiatives
- Pharmacy Technician Certification and valid License to practice in Puerto Rico
- 1+ years’ experience directly supervising a team of both direct and indirect reports
- 1+ years’ experience in pharmacy, clinical or healthcare setting
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as necessary
- Proficient in with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Professional proficiency in both English and Spanish. Please note that an English proficiency assessment will be required for his position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Call Center and or PBM experience
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacy Technician Manager, Prior Authorization, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician, Clinical, San Juan, PR, Puerto Rico