COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in
which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Women’s Shelters Program and the Senior Program Manager. This position performs varied clerical and administrative tasks and is responsible for office support duties under close
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides office administrative and clerical support that includes, but not limited to telephone coverage, document copying, collating, filing, etc., for Senior Program Manager and staff.
• Prepares, proofreads, and produces reports and program correspondence.
• Assists with the data entry process, the collection of statistical information and the distribution of information.
• Assists with program or department orientation, prepares the clients’ folders and mails out correspondence as needed.
• Enter all Unusual Incident Reports (UIR) to Catholic Charities UIR database and files incident reports within the required timeframe.
• Tracks and summarizes UIR reports monthly by type and number of UIR to inform program of trends in UIR.
• Processes purchase order requisitions in ReQlogic system as instructed by supervisor.
• Tracks staff completion of agency and contract required trainings and collects Certificate of Completion from staff.
• Submits all collected certificate of completion to Professional Development Department (PDD) and files onsite copy for record.
• Manages annual and biannual renewal requirements for program staff as well as maintaining records for compliance.
• Tracks email and user account forms to ensure staff have access.
• Knowledge of proper spelling, grammar, and sentence structure to ensure written materials prepared are complete, succinct, and free of errors.
• Ability to operate job related equipment including the use of basic computer programs and systems to effectively carry out the duties of the position.
• Enhances the client environment by creating a hospitable and customer-oriented facility.
• Attends meetings; records and distribute meeting minutes within expected timeframe.
• Performs all other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Two (2) years of work-related experience in an office setting.
• Proficiency in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS); DHS UIR database and Outlook in the Office 365 Suite.
• A valid local driver’s license and a clean driving record required.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
• Extensive computer knowledge and skills.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills/telephone skills.
• Able to work well in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP URL blocked - click to apply.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Setting Up Files