Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in Winter Park, CO.
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
Discounted tickets for your friends & family
Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The E-mail Marketing Specialist will be responsible for driving resort visits, revenue, brand, improving the customer experience, and delivering personalized and relevant communication to guests at all stages of the customer journey through various marketing channels. This position reports to the Digital Marketing Manager who provides overall strategy and direction for all digital marketing touchpoints. This role will work closely with cross-functional departments to ensure accurate product information, brand integrity, and consistent and effective messaging across all channels and campaigns.
Day-to-day activities include but are not limited to app push notifications and in-app messaging content creation, e-mail design and concepting, programming, automation, audience building and segmentation, content testing, and deployment for app and e-mail marketing messages. Beyond the day-to-day updates, this person will be responsible for adhering to all e-mail best practices and guidelines and will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure marketing efforts are optimized, meeting engagement KPI targets, and reaching the right person, at the right time, with the right message. The E-mail Marketing Specialist will also be expected to learn our CRM, understand the nuances of available data, and provide recommendations to grow and enhance our database. This role is expected to approach their role with a data-driven mindset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Inform and execute the CRM and e-mail marketing strategy created by the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Maintain e-mail marketing calendar and lead process within marketing team to build and deploy e-mails.
- Plan, develop/code, test, and deploy e-mail automations and campaigns through e-mail marketing platform.
- Develop robust A/B testing and dynamic content strategies to optimize our marketing communications and increase engagement/performance.
- Seek new opportunities for and implement new personalization's within e-mail marketing and app communication campaigns.
- Maintain knowledge of e-mail marketing best practices and ensure our e-mail marketing aligns with these.
- Ability to evaluate e-mail marketing performance, draw insights, and provide recommendations for optimization.
- Understand best practices for constructing audience segments within CRM platforms.
- Build and segment audiences through CRM Test audiences for accuracy and troubleshoot when needed to enhance audience segments.
- Know and understand data points within CRM platform.
- Regularly review database health and provide recommendations to grow and enhance database.
- Execute mobile app push notification marketing strategy created by Digital Marketing Manager.
- Maintain and update app push notification calendar.
- Understand the various need states of mobile app users and audience segmentation opportunities.
- Plan, develop, and deploy both on-site app messaging and app push notifications to specific audiences.
- Construct and segment audiences through app platform.
- Deliver regular reports on e-mail and app messaging performance to Digital Marketing Manager and other business unit leaders.
- Draw insights from various reports and provide recommendations to optimize e-mail and app marketing channels.
- Review performance of A/B testing to inform shifts in marketing messaging and
- Ensure e-mail and app creative and messaging are consistent across other channels including, website, social media, signage, paid media and PR.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of consumer journey.
- Must be able to shift focus quickly and work dynamically within a fast-past work environment.
- Ability to implement a data-driven approach to messaging, automation, and personalization.
- Must be detail-oriented, an excellent proofreader, and have a strong sense of accountability and ownership over their work.
- Must foster a department culture of innovation, collaboration, accountability and be successful in experiential hospitality and promotionally driven, fast-paced, metrics-oriented company.
- Strong project management, organization, messaging and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, business analytics, communications, or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 2-3 years' experience with CRM and CDP platforms – Experience with Ascent360 and IBM Acoustic preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience building audiences and queries for targeted communications.
- 1-2 years’ experience with basic HTML/CSS coding.
- Experience using e-mail testing programs such as Litmus or E-mail on Acid.
- Experience managing content and messaging in a mobile app
- 1-2 years’ experience with Adobe Creative Suite; Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator preferred.
- Experience in the travel or hospitality industry preferred.
- Passionate outdoor enthusiast with a love for the mountain lifestyle.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay range: $22 - $32/hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside, but may require some on-mountain work from time to time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required and only in local area.
Hours: This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
- A/B Testing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Attention To Detail