Pilot Freight Services seeks full-time Warehouse Agent - 1 to work at our Chicago, IL location onsite with a Logistics Customer. The hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
This position will increase operational efficiency, company profitability and customer satisfaction by accurately and safely receiving and storing materials, as well as picking, packing, scanning orders for pickup, packaging and staging for delivery.
- Pulling, filing, packing and setting up orders for delivery or pickup. Receive shipments, log into inventory, maintain inventory through audits;
- Report any quality or inventory discrepancy issues to the appropriate person;
- Communicate positively with leads, supervisors, sales staff, fellow workers and customers to coordinate deliveries/pick-up;
- Operate a forklift safely and efficiently, maintain required certification, perform vehicle safety checks and report discrepancies to supervisor;
- Assist in keeping facility clean, neat, safe and operating efficiently, assist in keeping facility secure;
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required;
- Follow company policies and procedures;
- Being able to lift and pull up to 50 - 75 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reliable transportation, excellent attendance is required;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Recognizes and understands product numbers and alpha/numeric codes;
- Operates forklifts in compliance with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requirements;
- Understands basic inventory, warehousing and stocking procedures;
- Able to work independently with some direction;
- Able to effectively and clearly communicate with management and coworkers through verbal, written and electronic methods;
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required;
- Knowledge of Oracle preferred;
- Ability to work flexible schedule (1st, 2nd shifts) with overtime as required, some weekends as required.
Competitive wages and benefits package, including 401K.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Occupational Safety And Health
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Attention To Detail