The branch manager is responsible for the overall success of the branch and serves as the face of Amboy Bank to the local community. The manager leads a team of professionals in meeting the needs of our clients, provides exceptional service and ensures a strong operational environment. The manager provides coaching, training, and development to all staff members, ensuring complete commitment to the Bank’s values and overall business objectives. The manager will maintain a strong focus on external business development and community involvement by making business development calls and participating in community events.
• Contribute to the continuous growth of the branch by actively identifying and pursuing new business development opportunities and ensuring continued customer satisfaction and retention of all existing relationships.
• Focus on proactive and innovative branch initiatives to promote branch growth and customer retention through the development and implementation of a sound business plan.
• Maintain a strong presence in the local community by participating in community events and involvement and leadership in professional and non-profit organizations.
• Manage the sales and service process, follow-up activities, and referral lead generation through active use of the Bank's Gold mine system.
• Manage customer complaints and service issues.
• Exhibit sound judgement in addressing client problems and overdrafts.
• Ensure all branch staff comply with bank operating policies and procedures to avoid losses and maintain a satisfactory audit rating.
• Conduct weekly meetings and daily observations discussing client experience, needs-based selling, branch security, compliance and operational procedures.
• Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
• Manage performance standards; develop staff to build a cohesive and effective team.
• Monitor and evaluate the development needs of staff members; provide coaching and training to help staff members improve their knowledge, skills, and job proficiency.
• Inform team members of key retail branch strategies and initiatives.
• Take personal ownership and pride with an entrepreneur mentality for the branch facility and premises.
• Manage all aspects of branch environment and delivering excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
• Conduct individual coaching sessions with each branch team member.
• Maintain awareness of competitor products and sales initiatives.
• Participate in ongoing sales training and development.
• Display high level of problem resolution skills.
• Serve as a positive role model and demonstrate Amboy Bank values in all actions.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Willingness to develop a working knowledge of the teller system and develop capability of researching cash discrepancies.
• Expectation is manager will have a primary branch however, position requires flexibility and willingness to travel to other locations/branches and to adapt to schedule changes during the workday.
• Job requires strict attention to details and thoroughness in the completion of job duties.
• Job requires use of critical thinking and use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Job requires monitoring and assessing the performance of you, others, and the organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Job requires developing constructive and cooperative relationships with others.
• Job requires a high level of coordination, organization, planning, and prioritization of work, and management of one’s own time.
• Job requires honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior.
• Job requires a willingness to take on responsibility and challenges.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field.
• Five years of management experience in a retail banking environment.
• Three years of experience in a sales and customer service role.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time up to 75% of work hours.
• Ability to use hands to grasp, handle or feel.
• Ability to use computer keyboard and system to enter data and process information.
• Ability to read, talk clearly so that others understand, hear, comprehend the written and spoken word, and see.
• Ability to use telephone to communicate with customers and employees.
• Ability to use office equipment such as teller scanner, personal computer, telephone, mobile device, copier, fax machine, adding machine, etc.
• Moderate sound as in business office with office machines, computers, and people traffic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT OR CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE.
AMBOY BANK MAINTAINS “AT WILL” EMPLOYMENT.
This document describes the position currently available. It is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with it. Amboy Bank reserves the right to modify duties or job descriptions at any time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
Amboy Bank is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination in hiring, promotion and terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin/nationality, ancestry, religion/religious practices or observances, age, sex, gender identity or expression, affectional or sexual orientation, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, disability or perceived disability, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, and status as a veteran or disabled veteran of, or liability for service in, the Armed Forces of the United States.
Amboy Bank commits to making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified disabled veterans provided the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship upon Amboy Bank. A qualified employee or job applicant with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Amboy Bank’s human resources department.
New Business Development