WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Regular / Permanent
Richmond, Virginia, 23229
Who we are?
With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
Who are we looking for?
An expert level of understanding of system engineering including P&ID development, engineering deliverables and document control, the following is desired:
* Experience with markets such as: municipal water and wastewater treatment, EPC projects, oil & gas, chemical, or power.
* Strong aptitude for planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning and evaluating the work of subordinates coupled with clear, concise communication and presentation skills.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be willing to travel 25 - 40% of the time within US and Canada.
* Comfortable working in a multiple disciplinary team environment across different offices/geographical regions.
* Bachelor of Engineering, PE (P. Eng. In Canada) registered or working towards qualification.
* 5+ years of engineering experience in a process industry such as water treatment, food & beverage, chemicals, oil & gas, etc. specifically executing projects as a system integrator.
Job is based in Bellevue WA, Richmond, VA United States or Oakville, ON Canada.
What will you be doing?
SUEZ Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) provides our customers with technology and expertise to enhance their water, wastewater, and process productivity.
Bringing together like-minded people and experienced professionals, we continue to develop advanced technologies to solve the world's most complex challenges related to water scarcity, quality, productivity, the environment and energy.
What will I be doing as a Lead Engineer?
As a lead engineer, you are accountable for all aspects of engineering necessary to deliver custom water treatment systems to industrial or municipal customers. You will lead a cross disciplinary team of engineers and designers to ensure on time and on budget execution of the process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and controls engineering tasks on the project.
As a lead engineer, you represent the engineering organization in working with the Project Manager (PM) and the Supply Chain Project Leader (SPL) to manage and steer the project toward successful completion throughout all phases of the project including engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation, and commissioning/startup; while complying to company standards, project requirements, and applicable codes.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Supporting the Project Manager in discussions with customers. Resolving technical issues and providing input for change requests as needed. Responsible for change management and revision control for the project including communication of customer changes to the appropriate team disciplines and ensuring the changes are considered throughout each stage of design, approval and construction.
* Interacting directly with the client and other internal/external stakeholders to manage expectations and deliver projects with highest quality.
* Reviewing project specifications and incorporating requirements into SUEZ design and equipment / procurement specifications.
* Ownership of the P&ID's and the integrating the project across all engineering disciplines. Preparing engineering documents within specified dates, including but not limited to MDL (Master Document List), P&ID (Piping and Instrument Diagram), foundation loading charts, valves list, rotating equipment (pumps, blower etc.) data sheets, static equipment data sheets (storage tank, pressure vessels) heat exchanger data sheet, paint and lining matrix, piping and valve specs, equipment RFQ (Request for Quotations), etc.
* Monitor and Control Engineering Budget and Earned Value throughout the life of the project.
Annual 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Is relocation for this position offered:
Number of Job Openings:
SUEZ's Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an URL blocked - click to apply. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Suez WTS is NOT accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Suez WTS in any fashion without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Suez WTS. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired by Suez WTS based upon an unsolicited referral.
Orga: Water Technologies & Solutions