To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Monterey, CA 93940
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Social Services
Plum Healthcare Group, LLC • Monterey, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Cypress Ridge Care Center provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation and outpatient therapy services with around the clock care.
At Cypress Ridge Care Center, we are looking for a full time Director of Social Services who would like to combine their love for people and strong work ethic with the opportunities to advance your career.
With us, you will have more than a job. You will be joining a family that prides itself on providing high-quality care services, wonderfully enriching, improving and enhancing the lives of our staff, residents and their families!
Our goal is to wonderfully enrich thousands of lives, one person at a time. We are dedicated to providing person-centered health care services and are passionate about serving our residents and their families in a nurturing, transitional environment between hospital and home.
We strive to achieve the highest possible quality of care for each resident by providing quality skilled nursing and post-acute rehabilitative care, delivered with sensitivity, deep respect, and genuine hospitality. Our Leadership teams are recognized as an important factor in providing that quality of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist, as directed, in the admission process; interviewing perspective residents, families or responsible parties
- Supervise Social Services Assistant(s)
- Make arrangements for obtaining needed adaptive equipment, clothing and personal items
- Maintain contact with family, in consultation with the resident, to report on changes in health, current goals, discharge planning and encourage to participate in care planning
- Make referrals and obtain services from outside entities, i.e., talking books, absentee ballots, facility wheelchair transportation
- Assist residents with financial and legal matter, i.e., Medicare, Medi-Cal benefits, Social Security, VA, referrals to funeral homes for preplanning arrangements
- Assist with discharge planning, i.e., appropriate placement and arrangements, home health services, transportation
- Provide or arrange provision of needed counseling services
- Complete Social Service Assessment Discharge Planning and MDS section in EMR system for each resident within seven days after admission, maintain progress notes at least quarterly or more frequently if needed
- Identify and support resident’s individual needs and preferences, customary routines, concerns and choices through the assessment and care planning process
- Document on the resident’s plan of care all identified social service problems with appropriate approaches and time measurable goals
- Build relationships between residents and staff and teach staff how to understand and support resident’s individual needs
- Promote actions by the staff that maintain or enhance each resident(s) dignity in full recognition of each resident’s individuality
- Assist residents to determine how they would like to make decisions about their health care, and whether or not they would like anyone else to be involved in these decisions
- Assist staff to inform residents and those they designate about the resident’s health status and health care choices and ramifications including advance directives
- Find options which meet the resident’s physical and emotional needs
- Assist to provide alternatives to drug therapy or restraints by assessment of the residents needs and recommend plan of care to meet these needs
- Meet the needs of the residents who are in a grieving process
- Document on social services log all referrals to outside agencies with the reason for referral, name of person/agency contacted and action taken
- Ensure confidentiality of resident’s social services information by allowing access only to authorized persons
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Care Plan Conferences and develop plan of care to insure that special social service needs are met
- Assist with regularly scheduled Resident and Family Group meetings as requested
- Assist in resolution of grievances as voiced by resident, family, responsible party or ombudsman
- Participate in Quality Assurance Programs
- Participate in facility committees or conferences as directed by the Administrator
- Attend in-service and staff meetings as required. Facilitate one in-service meeting annually, as required by federal regulations
- Practice infection control policies and procedures of the facility
- Practice safety policies and procedures of the facility
- React appropriately to emergencies and disaster situations
- Be courteous, considerate and cooperative when communicating with all facility personnel, residents and staff
- Promote and maintain good public relations on behalf of the facility
We love our employees and work hard to ensure our team members enjoy flexible scheduling, career stability, and opportunities for growth. And, we are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time staff.
- Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente Health Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Dental insurance by Delta Dental
- 401(k) provided by T. Rowe Price
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free continuing education units through PlumUniversity.com
- And much more!
EOE - M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Plum Healthcare Group, LLC does not own or operate skilled nursing facilities. Plum supports an affiliated family of independently licensed and operated skilled nursing providers by providing an array of administrative and consulting support services. References to “Plum” or the words “company,” “we,” “our,” “us,” “its” or similar language do not imply that Plum Healthcare Group, LLC has direct operating assets, employees, or revenue or that any of the affiliated entities, including facilities or other businesses are operated or managed by the same entity.