Shipping & Receiving Clerk 2nd Shift
Stainfield, North Carolina
About Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a leading global diversified industrial known for superior quality, continual innovation and rigorous operational discipline. We are a global leader in providing tools and storage as well as security services.
For the builders and protectors, the makers and explores and those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, we provide the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done since 1843.
You repair your home and car with the tools we provide. Your car and your phone are secured with our fasteners. The things you value most can be protected by our security systems. And the roads you drive on, the bridges you cross, the energy you consume, all of these most likely came to you via one of our infrastructure systems.
Under general supervision, process the shipments of finished goods ensuring accuracy of part, consignee and
carrier selection in compliance with company and customer requirements. Ensure proper billing of
shipments and that outgoing orders and shipments are complete and correct before boxing, labeling or
Essential Job Functions
Check items to be shipped against sales orders or P.O.’s to ascertain that part number, lot number,
quantity, labeling, and carrier selection is correct. Prepare shipping documents (Bill of Lading, Airway Bill, etc.) by recording necessary details pertaining to shipment; consignee name, carrier, carton count, etc. Properly record/verify method of shipment, quantity, carton count, weights, carrier, shipping terms and carrier’s reference number (tracking number, PRO number) on shipper. Ensure tools are set up properly. Coordinate with customer service, accounts receivable, purchasing agent, and carriers, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of shipments and billing. Process incoming shipments and/or receiving of components. Perform cycle counts on finished goods on a weekly basis.
Essential Skills & Experience
• High school diploma or GED
• 0‐6 months in manufacturing environment
• Balance figures
• Read shippers and receivers
• Process inbound freight
• Able to drive or train on forklift
• Good computer and proofreading skills
Competencies (5‐10 Critical Areas of Understanding/Practice for the role)
• Production minded
• MRP systems
• General environmental health and safety rules
• Inventory management
• Standard manufacturing practices
• Quality management systems
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Packaging And Labeling