Foundations Recovery Network (FRN) is the premier provider of integrated treatment for co-occurring addiction and mental health concerns, offering residential and outpatient services nationwide. At each facility, we focus on patient-centered care and an individualized approach, upholding a high standard of innovative treatment and compassionate attention to each patient’s needs. We are committed to providing and promoting evidence-based treatment for individuals with co-occurring disorders through clinical services, education, and research. Our purpose is to create lifetime relationships for long-term recovery. Everything we do is designed to support recovery in a comprehensive way, addressing the needs of the whole person—physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. We provide the foundation; you build the life.
Michael’s House Treatment Center is a refuge of healing and recovery nestled at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains in Palm Springs, California. For many years, our warm, welcoming atmosphere has provided individuals with the support, compassion, and education designed to treat their specific recovery needs. With a wealth of expertise, our caring treatment team members empower you to reach your recovery goals and find the healthy, wholesome, and fulfilling life that you deserve.
FRN is currently seeking a Medical Assistant. This is an entry level position, responsible for assessing patients’ medical needs, monitoring medications, tracking TB skin tests, monitoring random drug screens, and assisting the psychiatrist/nurse practitioner/physician’s assistant as needed. The ideal candidate will have the ability to inspire our clients’ confidence in both our staff and the FRN Model of Treatment, through exhibiting a high level of both knowledge and compassion. Do you have a passion for working with patients with co-occurring disorders and chemical dependence? Do you like to work in a setting where you can really spend quality time with your patients and work closely with the treatment staff? Do you have the desire to serve as a Brand Ambassador to FRN? If so, then you would be a great addition to our team! This position is located at Foundations Recovery Network’s facility, Michael’s House, in Palm Springs, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitors medication process for individuals living in residential facilities, including supervision or medication distribution, and supervising self-administration process
• Prepares Medication Administration Record (MAR)
• Obtains, stores, and monitors medications according to policy and procedure
• Meets quality expectation of accuracy, completeness, and is responsive to feedback
• Meets quantity expectations of volume, consistent with peers and relative to time in position
• Meets timeliness expectations of completing work as scheduled, demonstrating self-paced performance and adjusting priorities as needed
• Cross-trains and supports other divisions as needed or requested by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to inspire client confidence in the FRN Staff and the FRN Model of Treatment
• Ability to consistently demonstrate, through conduct and communications, the stability required to effectively assist patients and their family members through the FRN Model of Treatment
• Ability to build relationships with diverse individuals and groups
• Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources, and all other contacts
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Must have general knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Work, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
• Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization
• High School Degree or GED required
• Licensure: Certified Medical Assistant (MA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
• Licensed or certified as a chemical dependency counselor/ or registered to become licensed or certified
• This is an entry level position; one year working within a medical facility preferred
• General knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background and experience with us by applying online. FRN offers competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and benefits programs including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401K.
FRN is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at FRN via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of FRN. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by FRN as a result of the referral or through other means.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ::
Electronic Medical Record