To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
337 Rio Road West
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
QA Test Engineer
Teledyne Technologies • Charlottesville, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Teledyne LeCroy develops leading edge test and measurement products which engineering teams around the globe use to develop next generation communication, consumer electronics and computer products. We have key customers spanning the entire gamut of the consumer electronic marketplace - from chip manufacturers all the way to software stack vendors and developers. Our tools help them do their jobs more efficiently and help them build better products for their customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated QA TEST ENGINEER with at least 2 years of experience testing data communications/software/web applications and has strong test methodology experience to join our Charlottesville, VA Research and Development team for our Wireless products.Position Summary and Responsibilities
The QA Test Engineer will perform functional and system testing of Teledyne LeCroy Wireless products to ensure that they conform to the requirements and specifications. The ideal candidate must possess discipline to develop test cases using industry best practices. This position will involve hands-on lab work that requires a good working knowledge of data communications protocols and principles, test equipment, and computer systems. Work will be performed in an agile development environment (Scrum or Kanban).
- Verify that products operate as specified and designed.
- Verify that products meet the needs of the market.
- Test against product requirements and industry specifications.
- Full testing life cycle including functional, system, regression and user acceptance tests.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Create and maintain detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans, test cases and test procedures.
- Work closely with the HW & SW development teams to isolate and reproduce bugs and product failures.
- Ensure quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked and resolved using our bug tracking system.
- Review and write Acceptance Tests for development stories.
- Setup and maintain test environments.
- Interface with different project teams and experts.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support.
- Possibility for some travel limited to once or twice a year.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science (or extensive testing experience).
- 2+ years of experience testing data communications/ software/ web applications.
- Strong test methodology experience.
- Very methodical, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Open-minded analytical, imaginative and proactive.
- Persistent, goal-oriented, flexible, and team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data communications test equipment.
- Technical experience with Bluetooth, 802.11, or other data communication protocols.
- Experience automating tests.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience configuring and using VMWare virtual machines.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.