Who We Are
Atkore is forging a future where our employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.Who We Are Looking For
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Electrical Engineer. You will be responsible for leading electrical based projects, both capital and non-capital.What You’ll Do
What You'll Bring
- Drive and support the businesses productivity improvements and best practices.
- Manage and oversee various projects as the Project Leader and provide documentation and schedules for improvement project.
- Plan and evaluate integration of new or upgraded equipment.
- Assist Manufacturing in various improvement projects, such as Lean Manufacturing, Process Improvements and Problem Solving.
- Provide bid and costing details on electrical projects as well as Gantt charts showing Project Progress.
- Draw and provide schematics and documentation for skill trades groups. Along with development of trouble shooting guidelines.
- Participate and/or Lead in Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Assist with maintaining current plant electrical infrastructure.
- Ensure plant electrical equipment remains up to safety codes.
- Provide troubleshooting direction to E-Techs and Electricians in troubleshooting situations.
- Drive standardization of Equipment and Processes.
- Recommend methods, materials and layouts for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar field required.
- Minimum of 5 years or related work experience is required.
- Tube Mill Experience not necessary, but desired.
- PLC experience with Multiple Programming Languages.
- Strong industrial controls skills with hands on experience.
- Experience sizing conduit and wiring for power feeds.
- Experience with medium voltage power and transformers
- Strong knowledge of industrial electronics: SCRs, Diodes, Rectifiers …etc.
- Capital project management experience (concept, quoting, justification, implementation).
- Lean Manufacturing experience.
- AutoCAD Experience.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, etc.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must pass a drug screen and background.
- All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We’re committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives
for breakthrough results, stays
focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports
decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
- Auto Cad
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Relationship Management
- Change Management