Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work
for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused – on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
This position requires that candidates provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination after receiving a conditional job offer at least 7 days prior to their start date. “Fully vaccinated” means that at least two weeks have passed since you received 1) your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 2) one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Primary Responsibility / Summary
Assists drivers in loading and unloading of goods. Performs a variety of material handling tasks to support the efficient operation of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists drivers with loading and unloading of bins.
2. Create soft and hard goods bins for drivers.
3. Load and unload trucks/trailers (Raw donations, trash, salvage, etc.).
a. Segregating soft goods, hard goods and trash.
4. Ensure all items are marked correctly (Donations, commodities, salvage, etc.).
5. Sort recyclables in proper containers (metal, plastic, cardboard, etc.).
a. Build and palletize empty gaylords for commodities; ensuring heavier commodities have adequate support.
6. Operate equipment (i.e. auger, compactor, tipper, down-stroke baler, auto-tie) by following established procedures and guidelines.
7. Must be able to use material handling equipment (i.e. pallet jack, hand truck, furniture dolly).
8. Clear post retail textile tables of trash and commodities.
9. Clean, organize and sweep the warehouse to ensure a safe environment.
10. Ability to lift and carry min. 25 lbs.
Education & Experience
• Some warehouse experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Ability to work with moderate supervision.
• Spanish / English bilingual preferred.
• Must be safety conscious.
• Excellent people skills and maintains courteous disposition at all times.
• Ability to following written and oral instruction consistently.
• Shift flexibility and overtime when needed.
• Punctual and dependable attendance.
• Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
• Adheres to Goodwill’s values of Respect, Integrity, Service, & Excellence.
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal and State Law
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Material Handler I | 31001 Post Retail Commodities
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department.
Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
- Job Family :Supply Chain
- Pay Type :Hourly
- Auger Drill
- Commodity Market
- Forklift Truck
- Interpersonal Skills