Humana drives innovation to create artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data-driven platforms, products, and services for the entire organization. The Artificial Intelligence Engineering team is a crucial part responsible for enabling and empowering NLP data scientists and business groups such as Pharmacy, Benefits & Claims processing with innovative software solutions and technologies on Azure.
The Senior AI Platform Engineer will work with the data scientists, NLP specialists, analysts, and business and IT teams. In addition, the Senior AI Platform Engineer handles the designing, implementing, and deploying NLP Platform application services using Python, Kubernetes, Message Queues, and other open-source software available for processing unstructured and streaming data.
Some examples of the team's innovation in collaboration with the Data Science team include:
* Analyzing customer calls using NLP to extract features for use in Machine Learning and predictive models
* Performing OCR and NLP on images to match faxed medical records with patient authorizations to deliver more effective healthcare
* Using BERT-based language embedding technologies to improve the performance of NLP models
* Deploying NLP models that analyze social worker, nurse, and physician notes to find evidence of social needs, to feed predictive models used to rank patients most likely to show conditions like food insecurity
+ Design, develop, and deliver backend NLP Platform applications, scalable document processing pipelines using Python, Kubernetes, NoSQL database, Redis, Azure Service Bus on Azure Cloud
+ Develop API-based system-to-system synchronous and asynchronous integrations to integrate Humana Claims Management and Pharmacy with NLP document processing pipelines
+ Wrap machine learning models created by data scientists as microservices to integrate into NLP pipelines
+ Develop technical design, implementation plans, code, CI/CD automated tests, and documentation
+ Perform peer code reviews, and peer testing/QA for product owner acceptance
+ Handle tier-2 engineering support to troubleshoot and resolve critical customer escalations on functional, technical, stability, and performance issues
+ Collaborate and work in a fast-paced agile environment, closely interacting with business and some of the industry's best software engineers, machine learning scientists, data engineers, and data scientists
**Required Experience Skills and Qualifications**
+ Bachelor's Degree or above in computer science or engineering
+ 5 years of enterprise software development experience, with significant server-side Python experience
+ 2+ years of data modeling and database development experience with any one of SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, RedShift, or MongoDB
+ 2+ years of experience with backend synchronous and asynchronous API development experience for system-to-system integrations
+ 2+ years of experience with deploying server-side backend applications on Kubernetes clusters in Azure or AWS, or GCP cloud
+ Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
+ Willingness to learn modern technologies and understand unfamiliar data domains and new business processes quickly
+ CI/CD and test automation
**Desirable Experience Skills and Qualification**
+ Experience in data engineering, ETL, and data analytics
+ Experience in health care or financial services industry handling PHI/PII/PFI data
+ Open-source contributions and portfolio of shipped code at GitHub
+ Prior experience designing and building NLP APIs and services for unstructured data processing
+ Introduction to basic NLP/ML/AI concepts for computer vision, image processing, and NLP applications
**Humana Vaccination Statement**
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
* WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
* A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
* Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
* A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
\#LI - EL1
\#LI - Remote
**Scheduled Weekly Hours**
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior AI Platform Engineer (100% Remote)
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon Web Services
- Artificial Intelligence