Who are we looking for? YOU. We want team members that operate with integrity, are reliable, enjoy doing a good job and get excited about impacting the lives of others.
Who are we? We are Elwyn. We are the leader in education, treatment, and support services to children and adults with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and related behavioral health challenges.
What do we offer? We offer excellent health/wellness benefits, generous time-off, paid training, retirement benefits, career growth and a safe work environment (PPE).
Have you ever had an interest in working in Health Care, but never knew where to start? If so, please consider our Direct Support Professional opportunities with Elwyn NJ! As a DSP, you will have the opportunity to care for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and assist them with daily activities.
From November 13-February 28, 2020, we are offering $13.58/hr for weekend hours worked between Friday 8:00am-Sunday 11:59pm.
We're seeking team members who will:
• Manages and supervises the activities and functions of all individuals in the home while continuously emphasizing community integration.
• Maintains the home in a safe, clean and healthy manner. Serves as a role model in participating and promoting a home-like atmosphere.
• Assists the individual to live in a humane, caring environment while promoting quality of life. Oversees each individual's health, safety and well-being.
• Assists, teaches, supports individuals in the independent management of his/her personal hygiene that may include baths, showers, oral hygiene, personal care, nail and hair grooming
• Assists, teaches, supports individuals in the independent management of personal health care issues
• Assists, teaches, supports individuals in the independent management of funds including money recognition, short term and long term budgeting, banking and bill paying
• Assists, teaches, supports individuals in the independent management of his/her meal preparation that may include planning the menu, observing any dietary restrictions, shopping for the necessary items and cooking and serving the meal
• Assists, teaches, supports individuals with the independent management of his/her daily chores as assigned on the Chore Chart
• Completes laundry, mending, ironing as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
We're seeking team players who have:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• A High School Diploma or GED (required)
• Experience in a related field or with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
• A Driver's License valid in the State of New Jersey
• Must successfully complete and obtain/maintain all certifications required by Elwyn New Jersey and regulatory agencies
• Must cooperate with Elwyn New Jersey staff, the Department of Human Services staff or any authorized investigating body during an inspection or investigation
Elwyn New Jersey reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Elwyn does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, pregnancy status, medical condition, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation or identity, age, national origin, citizenship, handicap status, marital or family status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, military or veteran status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Keywords: cna,certified nursing assistant, direct care, home health, residential counselor, home health care, dsp, bellwether, kencrest, bridgeton, millville, vineland, glassboro, mullica hill, direct support worker, nursing home, dsp, oaks integrated, direct care, pca, patient care, mental health, merakey, bancroft, nhs, melmark, devereux, behavioral health, retail, customer service, cook, waiter, waitress, housekeeping, cashier, residential counselor, social worker, inspira, cashier, waitress, housekeeper, custodian, server, bartender, diswasher, line cook, prep cook, delivery driver, warehouse associate, packer, picker, shipper
##keywords: HHA, PCA, personal care assistant, home health aide, group home, mental health, behavioral health, devereaux, melmark, bancroft, direct care, direct support, D, bellwetherSP, residential counselor, inspira, concentra, virtua, hospital, medical assistant, CNA, certified nursing assistant
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled