The Helper will provide customer service by assisting in the packing and loading of household goods in a safe, timely and efficient manner
Essential Functions and Duties:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Wrap household goods for transit
- Perform packing jobs as necessary
- Lift and carry household goods between residence and vehicle
- Capture information on bills of lading
- Compute charges
- Assist as needed in loading trucks and/or containers for forward movement via interstate commerce
- Pre-trip inspections alongside drivers of all aspects of equipment including truck interior, straps and tensioners, walk-boards, etc.
- Complete household goods inventory
- Perform work at warehouse as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be willing to travel (local, intrastate and interstate)
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Good communications skills
- Required: High school diploma or GED
Take part in a company that has been successful for over 100 years and is still growing - join the Coleman Team today!
- Indoors and outdoors
- Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Frequent squatting and bending
- Frequent use of stairs
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R4245
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In 1914, J.M. Coleman founded the company in Hutchinson, KS under the name Merchants Transfer and Storage. He began with four dray wagons, eight horses and a desire for success. Success, then as now, meant service, as our early advertisements attested: "Courteous men at your service night and day." Over the past century, our company has undergone many changes that have forged our company into a strong and dependable force in the moving and storage industry. Today we have over 50 company owned offices in 17 states and one U.S. territory, and more than 400 agents throughout the world. Covan operates over 200 interstate operating units with another 600 units utilized for local and short haul activity. In 1914, this company was family-owned and built on excellent service, dependability and trust. Today, Covan is a family-owned corporation that is driven by providing the same level of service, dependability and trust in which it was founded over a century ago
View the full profile