We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Senior Electronic Hardware Engineer - ECU
Job Description Summary
Senior Electrical Engineer with experience developing motor control ECUs for driveline systems such as Global B architecture systems.
- Leads the project planning, design, development testing, and release of new products and product enhancements.
- Projects are complex, requiring cross-disciplinary integration and wide application of concepts.
- Design, debug, and analysis of discrete electronics and embedded microprocessor-based controls
- Production launch (APQP) on existing new business development programs.
- Conducting DV & PV testing, analyzing, and making recommendations/changes based on results.
- Reviewing EMC results and PCB layout reviews for robust ECU releases
- Coordinating supplier activities through purchasing.
- Coordinating design development efforts with global teams for global program support
- Leading engineers and technicians on specific projects.
- Creating and upkeep of documentation to support product launch with DFMEA, PPAP, and other necessary documents.
- Develop objective evaluations for electronic / electrical sub-systems
- Gathers and comprehends customer requirements by supporting the team prior to and during customer interface meetings; researching and recording historical and benchmark information regarding the customer’s need; creating and maintaining a record of potential risks with the product design.
- Translates customer requirements into product specifications; interfaces with customer representatives to ensure their desired features and performance levels are properly comprehended in product specifications.
- Compiles reports and completes documentation to track and facilitate the product development process; obtains an approved product number for the current product development cycle.
- Validates the design of new products or product enhancements by completing various analyses such as stack-ups, DFMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Design for Assembly/ Manufacturing studies, and Noise, Vibration, and Harshness studies.
- Leads in various technical reviews throughout the product development cycle; prepare technical presentations to various stakeholders.
- Establishes key product characteristics and develops a bill of materials for an approved design.
- Compiles reports and completes documentation to track and facilitate the product development process.
- Coordinates the testing and validation of product designs; gains prototype and part approval.
- Attains final authorization, documentation, and release to production of a new product or product enhancement design; completes design drawings or other documentation; obtains drawing approval and issuance of the notice of release; supports product launch activities.
Required Skills and Education
- 7+ years OEM / Tier One Automotive electronics hardware design, including vehicle launch experience.
- College degree with a major in Electrical Engineering is required, advanced EE degree preferred.
- Experience working with customers and suppliers, experience with GM Global B architecture is desired.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of circuit analysis utilizing pSpice or equivalent tools.
- Knowledge of assembly language programming on microprocessors.
- Hands-on experience to construct and debug prototype hardware including soldering and other prototyping techniques.
- Knowledge of mechatronic systems and driveline components.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Knowledge of design, development, test engineering, and manufacturing processes.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail Email blocked - click to apply
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.