LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSES (LPN)
PER DIEM POSITIONS AVAILABLE
At the Highest level, Catholic Hospice Employees must (a) be committed to Hospice philosophy and mission and (b) provide outstanding customer service, aligned with the Customer Service Guidelines, to both internal and external customers. Additionally, be able to promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Catholic Hospice and those required by law. The Licensed Practical Nurse will be responsible for providing skilled nursing services within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act, (NPA) as outlined in the Interdisciplinary Team plan of care in accordance with the physician's orders and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Commitment to Hospice philosophy and mission.
- Commitment and Implementation of Catholic Hospice's "Customer Service Guidelines."
- Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality, and coordinate several projects at the same time.
- Ability to coordinate several projects at the same time with competing demands and tight time lines.
- Demonstrate adherence to Catholic Hospice, Inc. policies and procedures and pertinent State and Federal Rules and Regulations.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in word processing and general computer applications.
- Attend home deaths as required and communicating with physician, funeral home, and team.
- Provide accurate and appropriate documentation and submit daily.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice levels of care, Medicare and Medicaid Hospice Benefits by providing appropriate documentation when the need arises.
- Participate in the team responsibility of providing patient care twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Consistently able to work calmly and maintain effectiveness in situations of high stress.
- Maintaining the ability to extend hospitality and patience while assisting patients, families, physicians and peers under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to lift and move patients according to accepted nursing standards of body mechanics.
- Ability to travel to any location throughout South Florida as needed and expand territory as business needs dictate.
- Embodies principles of CHS Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct at all times.
- Complies with Code of Conduct in all relationships with clients, staff members, and visitors.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct in all daily activities and decisions ensuring that ethical standards and applicable laws and regulation are met.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of organizational documents and reports.
- Reports violations or suspected violations of the Code of Conduct appropriately.
- Maintains the policy of confidentiality
- Makes visits as necessary according to assessed needs, within established time frames.
- During patient visits, provides necessary education to patient/caregiver/family to enable them to provide appropriate care for the patient.
- Participate in the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care under the direction of the supervising RN to include continuous care if needed.
- Responds to supervisor or Triage Nurse within established agency guidelines. Reports results of visits to Team Manager or Triage Nurse.
- Provide orientation on a regular basis to new employees.
- Ensure effective communication with Interdisciplinary Teams.
- Participate with on-call rotations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and medical documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the Healthcare industry. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, referral sources or patients and caregivers. Ability to speak and write Spanish is strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions which may include, but are not limited to: patient homes, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, doctor's offices and hospitals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current Florida license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Current IV Certification required
- One-year healthcare or clinical nursing experience preferred
- Must be 18 years or older
- Pass the drug test
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that includes weekends, evenings and holidays
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Bilingual (English / Spanish) strongly preferred
- Proficiency in word processing and general computer applications, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office. Experience in Suncoast or Medicare / Medicaid systems a strong preference
- Must be able to use facsimile, write and transcribe information accurately
- Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in service areas, as required by duties
Electronic Medical Record
Diseases And Disorders
Long Term Care
Maintain Patient Confidentiality