We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at URL blocked - click to apply
The mission of the Mechanical R&D Engineer is to translate stakeholder needs into real world solutions on a global scale. This involves concept generation, product design and validation, and product launch support. A Mechanical R&D Engineer should have keen awareness of where a design does and does not meet stakeholder needs.
As an R&D Engineer with Atlas Copco you will have the opportunity to develop skills beyond designing riveting equipment. While the primary role is to design and validate new products, there is opportunity to lead project teams, interact with end users and lead process improvements. As project teams involve global teams, a team-first mindset is essential. An ability to decipher core customer objectives and ensure all design activities are centered around customer and sponsor needs.
- Run engineering projects to develop new products from concept through final product launch.
- Generate solid models and detail part designs to support prototype builds.
- Assist in the assembly, test, and trouble-shooting of new products.
- Prepare project files, records and technical reports from the development and testing of products on a timely, clear and accurate manner.
- Participate in brain storming sessions and provide inventive ideas, concepts and suggestions.
- Visit customer locations to review current equipment and / or liaise with end users to help develop future anticipated needs.
- Develop test requirements if not previously specified, and assist in the development of new methods for the improvement of current product reliability and procedures.
- Conduct defect investigations using 8D methodology to resolve current issues and help drive new designs.
Skills and experience
- Minimum three years of practical/relevant experience.
- Agile inventive mind, able to think outside the box.
- Strong hands on mechanical/electrical/hydraulic abilities.
- Solid understanding of materials and manufacturing technologies.
- Proficiency in Solid Edge or similar CAD system.
- General Computer literacy.
- Good written and oral communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and willing to learn and develop along with the company.
- Able to operate effectively and efficiently with minimum supervision.
Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion . . .
We at Atlas Copco believe that there is always a better way. This spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology, innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class service to our customers around the globe.
That’s where you come in – we believe our people make it happen. We provide a collaborative, inclusive and flexible work environment along with competitive compensation and comprehensive wellness & benefits programs.
Start your journey today!
We offer a family friendly and collaborative work environment, competitive and comprehensive pay and benefits packages, including choices in medical/dental/vision, life insurance, wellness programs, vacation and paid holidays, and an outstanding 401k with company match.