The Pride Institute is the nation’s first and leading provider of residential and outpatient treatment programs exclusively treating substance abuse and mental health needs of the LGBTQ+ community. With a Residential program in Eden Prairie, MN that provides integrated treatment services for adults with chemical dependency, sexual compulsivity, and co-occurring disorders, and Intensive Out-Patient (IOP) programs in the Uptown area of Minneapolis and in Rochester, we have been providing our clients a comfortable, safe alternative to traditional treatment programs for over 30 years.
Pride Staff are a talented, diverse, compassionate, and dedicated group. Some of us are part of the community and some of us are allies. Some of us are in recovery and some of us have only witnessed the devastation caused by addiction. Some of us came to Pride with limited knowledge of the unique challenges experienced by our clients and some of us have personally faced those challenges. We are always learning from each other and from our clients.
We strive to provide the best client-centered care by employing and developing highly qualified staff trained in working specifically with the LGBTQ+ community and dedicated to service excellence. Our clinical team, made up of counselors, mental health clinicians, and therapists bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to each individual case. Our experienced physician and nursing/tech staff provide 24/7 medical care to our residential clients.
Our Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are responsible for a multitude of duties, tasks, and last minute decisions, including:
- Performing focused Nursing Assessments and documenting client information and nursing care in the client record per the scope of practice of an LPN
- Completing focused Re-assessments and documenting any significant changes in the client's condition in compliance with facility policy per the scope of practice of an LPN
- Accurately administering medication to clients
- Recognizing behaviors and setting appropriate limits in clear, concise, and non-judgmental terms
- Transcribing and following physician’s/licensed practitioner’s treatment orders accurately
- Utilizing appropriate interventions in psychiatric/chemical dependency and medical emergencies
- Providing structure and maintaining a therapeutic environment in collaboration with the client and other health care providers
- Maintaining compliance with all hospital annual competencies, as well as CPR and First Aid
- Providing pertinent feedback to the interdisciplinary treatment team regarding client response to therapy, treatment interventions and therapeutic objectives, as appropriate and necessary
- Documenting both the nursing interventions in the medical record and the client’s response to the intervention
- Collaborating with other staff professionals in planning for discharge and follow-up care
- Employing principles of communication, interviewing techniques, problem solving skills, and crisis intervention when performing psychotherapeutic interventions
Pride Institute’s Nurses are:
- able to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- able to work in a fast-paced environment and to problem solve utilizing good judgment
- able to maintain confidentiality
- able to work equally effectively, whether independently or as a team player, depending upon the circumstances
- able to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers
- able to adhere to safety policies and procedures
- able to leap tall buildings in a single bound - well, maybe not this one, but our nurses are pretty great!
The ideal candidate would possess:
- MN LPN license
- Two years of psychiatric/mental health and/or chemical dependency nursing experience is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of fair, firm and consistent therapeutic milieu management techniques
- Effective client relations skills
Must be able to pass/clear the MN DHS Background Study as well as other background checking processes, including a UA drug screen. Must be free of chemical use problems for at least two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.