Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position’s primary responsibility is to serve as the dedicated Enterprise Architecture lead supporting OptumCare’s national Clinical Performance organization and its strategic platforms for Medicare risk adjustment and clinical quality. With high visibility to OptumCare’s Chief Medical Officer and Chief Information Officer, the individual will have an opportunity to influence direction of technology platforming, implementation approaches, and priority within the fastest growing segment of Optum.
Working in close collaboration with the Chief Architect and Office of OptumCare Architecture, the individual will drive alignment to multi-year technology roadmaps, support strategic and tactical initiative planning, evaluate new technologies, and oversee implementation of platforms serving the Enterprise.
The individual should have a background and relevant experience to understand, guide, and challenge technical direction within a healthcare environment. Of particular importance for this role is familiarity with concepts of Medicare risk adjustment and Stars/HEDIS clinical quality programs and their impact on clinical workflow.
The ideal candidate is comfortable operating with limited day-to-day oversight to: (1) establish relationships with IT and non-IT leadership; (2) mature architecture processes and methods; (3) coach and develop IT Teammates; and (4) identify and align technology platforms to fulfill critical business requirements.
This role is part technologist, part influencer, part mentor.
Add Video: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Architect-Clinical Performance-Telecommute
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with CMO/CIO/Chief Architect to set technology vision and standards for the Enterprise
- Engage Operational and Clinical leadership to understand business needs and identify technology solutions to address them
- Partner with IT PMO to prioritize IT programs and oversee execution
- Ensure conformance and compliance of projects with established architecture guidelines
- Identify ways to improve business operations through processes and technology
- Define models and methods to standardize IT functions
- Maintain understanding of industry and technology trends and how they may impact business operations
- Influence internal and external partners to support technology vision of the Enterprise
- Maintain Enterprise technology roadmap and application portfolio
- Represent IT in Leadership forums
- Direct management of Solution Architecture Team lead(s) and staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience
- 4+ years of experience in an architecture role, designing end-to-end, enterprise solutions across the complete systems development lifecycle
- 2+ years exposure to Medicare Advantage risk adjustment and exposure to clinical quality/HEDIS/STARS
- Experience driving solutions that map to a global target architecture, standards, and roadmaps in a distributed hardware, operating systems, and cloud computing
- Experience with Healthcare standards, business operations, and technology platforms
- Experience with EHR, Practice Management in Healthcare Industry
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Clinical degree (RN, NP, PA, MD)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
- Executive presence - demonstrates humility and self-awareness in personal interactions
- Impartial approach to reasoning (e.g. prioritization, trade-off analysis, organizational psychology)
- Collaborative, diplomatic and articulate demeanor that encourages broad base acceptance and support of solutions which align with strategic technology direction of the company
- Experience across multiple verticals, with an emphasis in healthcare
- Operates independently but in alignment with Enterprise vision and objectives
- Broad spectrum exposure to healthcare applications, infrastructure, and systems integration
- Active listener with strong verbal (e.g. presentations, seminars, etc.) and written (e.g. reports, articles, etc.) communication
- Group session facilitation with attendance from diverse backgrounds
- Experience performing application rationalization, building financial models (TCO/KPI/ROI)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Information Technology, architecture, enterprise solutions, Medicare Advantage