FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 5,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Company (FENOC), a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [BVN]
The Nuclear Operations Instructor is responsible for providing accredited training to Operations personnel to ensure the safe event free operation of the Beaver Valley Nuclear Power Station in Shippingport, Pennsylvania.
- Performing testing of Operations Simulator hardware and software as required by ANS-ANSI-3.5.
- Maintaining Simulator readiness for biennial Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) 71111.11 inspections.
- Maintaining Simulator performance indicators for the quarterly Training Performance Index (TPI) and Monthly Performance Review (MRP) meetings.
- Applying the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) process in implementing and delivering training in accredited programs.
- Developing and conducting Operations training for accredited licensed operator training programs.
- Developing and presenting of training materials for Nuclear Operations Training programs in the classroom, plant, and simulator settings.
- Performing training analysis, and designing and developing training material in accordance with applicable administrative procedures.
- Examining, remediating, and evaluating student performance during training and evaluation activities and maintaining appropriate records.
- Interacting professionally with other station departments and outside agencies to ensure quality training is provided.
- Obtain and maintain a Senior Reactor Operator Certification.
- Performing Emergency Response Organization (ERO) duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Associate's or bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Operations or Operations Training in the nuclear industry is required.
- Experience on a Westinghouse Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) is highly preferred.
- Holding or having previously held an RO or SRO license or certification highly preferred.
- Holding or having previously held an INPO instructor certification is highly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management across the plant's organization.
- Possess the coordination skills necessary to independently schedule various training courses for multiple station departments.
- Reside within site-specific ERO response time
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Microsoft Power Point