Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. If you want to be part of a rapidly growing team enjoy working with clients to influence their business this job is for you.
The Director within the Checkout team is primarily responsible for analyzing receipt-harvested data, and providing insights to clients. He or she will be responsible for executing analyses to answer clients’ questions about consumer purchase behaviors to inform clients’ strategic marketing decisions.
A qualified candidate will bring a genuine curiosity and eagerness to learn clients’ businesses and the Consumer Tech industry. The Director will engage in all aspects of client development, including on boarding and nurturing client contacts at all levels, creating and delivering insightful presentations, making analytical recommendations, and driving new business. He or she will be responsible for collaborating with business development and internal practices teams to create proposals and provide recommendations on analytic approaches.
- Build strategic relationships with client contacts to develop business insights regarding the clients' most important issues/needs, both short and long-term
- Execute analyses from start to finish and relate the learnings and insights to business opportunities
- Provide day-to-day support across both internal and external clients
- Achieve/exceed revenue goals for assigned accounts by recognizing and exploring opportunities within your client base
- Help shape future product development
- Mine unstructured datasets using Tableau, Alteryx and other related analytic software
- Operate in a collaborative team environment providing support and cross-functional training as needed
- A passion for consumer tech products strongly desired
- Understanding of how longitudinal data can be used to identify business-building opportunities for clients
- Demonstrate fearlessness both internally and with clients in a quickly evolving environment
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving, organizational and project management skills
- High proficiency in all MS Office products (advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau preferred
- BA/BS or equivalent in Market research, economics, statistics or marketing background preferred
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
New Product Development