Medix is currently seeking a Systems Engineer for a direct hire opportunity with one of our top Healthcare clients in the Washington, D.C. area!
About our client
Our client is a large, non for profit healthcare organization, headquartered on the Northeast side of Washington DC. Conveniently located off the Green & Yellow metro transit lines, this is a great location for both public transit and city commuters.
This client offers competivite compensation and a great benefits package!
The Systems Engineer will analyze, plan, implement, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance the Hospital's system infrastructure including the on premise and Cloud based deployments. This person will monitor all of the networked systems and associated operating systems as well as IT security and IT Disaster recovery systems.
- Collaborate with team to ensure smooth and reliable operation of the systems
- Lead the day-to-day operational support for server, storage or network infrastructures.
- Serves as a senior technical engineer and systems integrator for large complex systems and/or networks
- Review the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving the current IT systems.
- Make updates to system related installation documentation
- Perform complex storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations
- Perform complex software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to other IS Engineers and IS Administrators
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other
- 5-10 years of experience with virtualization, automation and orchestration technologies
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining highly available and fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with public, private and hybrid clouds including hosted, SaaS, Paas, and laaS delivery models
- Healthcare experience is a plus!
Platform As A Services