To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1550 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Registered Nurse
Dialysis Clinic, Inc., (DCI) • Staten Island, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Did you know that some of the industry’s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
The Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) RN collaborates with physicians, social workers, and other healthcare service personnel to set up individualized peritoneal dialysis plans for patients who qualify. The PD Nurse is responsible for providing ongoing education, training, and support for our PD patients to ensure safe and appropriate care.
This position is part-time, 3 days/week @ 8 hrs/day.
- Assists in the examination and evaluation of patient candidates so that appropriate PD treatment and other services can be arranged.
- Provides counseling and emotional support.
- Train patients and family who have chosen peritoneal dialysis as their treatment modality.
- Checks dialysis equipment and ensures it is operating properly, make adjustments or have them made by maintenance personnel.
- Teaches patient proper care between dialysis to avoid infections, and instructs patient on matters of diet.
- Check in with the patient at least monthly by phone or during clinic visits.
- Obtain routine laboratory work to include routine adequacy testing.
- Make surveillance of the patient’s home adaption, including provisions for visits to the home.
- Ensure the patient is provided consultation with a Social Worker and Dietitian.
- Must have at least 3 months experience in Peritoneal Dialysis Nursing
- A Registered Nurse with a current license for the applicable state
- At least 12 months clinical experience.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at Accommodations@dciinc.org or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: