SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Prepares menu items according to company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Reports to work well groomed, in a clean and proper uniform, and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Uses, maintains, and cleans all kitchen line equipment, plus preparation and storage areas.
- Stocks and rotates products on cooking line.
- Has sufficient knowledge of cooking stations, menu items and prep procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and performance standards.
- Cooks and prepares menu items according to guest request within company standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with the Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/services deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Continuous standing.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depth of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30' wide.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds for a distance up to 30 feet.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Receives direction and training from the Manager on Duty as to specific procedures and assignments.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training.
Date Food Item
Organize Walk In
Prepare Fresh Food
Set Up Station
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: J3S07W6VYMJ62RRZY7T
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
It all started with dessert. The legacy of Marie Callender began in the early 1940s in Orange County, California, when Marie, an accomplished baker, first launched her legendary pie business, delivering freshly baked pies to area restaurants. By 1948 with the help of her husband Cal and son Don, they turned this home-based bakery into a bona fide business complete with a wholesale bakery.
Within a few years, Marie was making over 200 pies daily and had acquired a truck and a mixer. The first pie and coffee shop was opened in 1964 in Orange, California, by Marie's son, Don. Other pie shops soon followed and in 1969, the pie shops began serving a full-service restaurant menu with many recipes created by Marie herself.
Today, Marie Callender's operates 139 restaurants and 1 East Side Mario's restaurant in the United States and Mexico, and has more on the way. And while many things have changed, one thing will always remain the same—the quality and care that goes into making each and every one of our legendary pies. And for that, we can all be thankful.